Round Trip Inside Passage May 2009

Hogladyrider

What is the weather like in May for an Inside Passage round trip on Carnival Spirit?

My mom and I looking to book this one and the date is out May 6, 2009.

We will fly into CA pre and post cruise to spend time with relatives and from Orange Cty CA up to Vancouver and back.

I know I will book us an aft balcony room but wondering what the weather might be this time of year.

Thanks.

Susan

Early May is cool, and may be foul. I went in this timeframe 2006 and had 6 out of 7 days of rain. :) Carnival round trip Glacier Bay is an excellent itinerary. Be well prepared in your attire, it will make all the difference in experience.

Budget Queen, if you had to choose, from your extensive Alaskan travels, and the choice of dates for Inside Passage were May or Sept which would you choose?

I can go in Sept just thought the weather was better in May.

I can deal with rain and cold and I definitely want to do Carnival Spirit Inside Passage for my first trip to Alaska and some quality time with my mom!

Thanks.

Budget Queen, if you had to choose, from your extensive Alaskan travels, and the choice of dates for Inside Passage were May or Sept which would you choose?

I can go in Sept just thought the weather was better in May.

I can deal with rain and cold and I definitely want to do Carnival Spirit Inside Passage for my first trip to Alaska and some quality time with my mom!

Thanks.

Being that the Glacier Bay Carnival sailings are week 2 and 3 of Sept, I would definately pick May, far more daylight, and chance of better weather.

Be sure to add to your "Hog" tshirt collection!!!

Archived