Typical weather in Europe?

Tintown

Can anyone tell me what would be the typical weather in any, or all, of the following:

1. London, end of August.

2. France through to Rome, early to mid Sept.

3. Rome via Greek Islands to Venice, mid to late Sept.

4. Rome and Paris end of September.

5. New York early October.

Trying to plan what to pack, and it's not too easy as we don't really want to take too much. :confused:

The easiest way to find information on what average weather is for your cruise is to go to the Princesss web site, find your cruise, go to the itinerary and then select the tab "weather". This will tell you that on a certain day you will be in the port chosen on the drop down and that the average temperatures, dew point, high and low temperatures for that month are.

It is as accurate as going to a weather web site but does not give you the daily averages for the month.

Can anyone tell me what would be the typical weather in any, or all, of the following:

Trying to plan what to pack, and it's not too easy as we don't really want to take too much. :confused:

in Europe....always be prepared for rain.....especially London. It can be sunny and then rain an hour later.

Try weatherunderground.com

I use that website when planning for any sort of travel, especially cruises as I do not want to overpack or underpack for that matter.

Good luck!!

Tintown,

London in August can range in temperature from 16c to 31c, ther4e is possibilities of rain, thinder storms, muggy humid weather and fresh cool breezes (thoughtankfully rarely on the same day!!)

As a Londoner it is difficult to try and second guess the weather but I too would recommend trying weatherunderground.com

Feebee_71 :)

All the destinations in Europe should be much like the North Island of New Zealand in the Summer ...........London may be cool and rainy but you would not need more than a light raincoat and a cotton sweater

Around the Med could be quite hot still in Sept

We were on a Med Cruise out of Istanbul to Venice end of last Sept and the weather was georgous although the wind off the water in Venice really did mean needing a sweater and rainproof/windproof jacket

New York as others have said could be glorious or it could be chilly in Oct

I suggest you pack clothes that you can layer and simply ensure you have a cotton sweater and a wool one plus a lightweight waterproof/wind proof jacket of some kind

We have spent quite a bit of time in both Islands of NZ and some weeks in Christchurch and the weather across UK and Europe will not differ hugely from a Christchurch summer /early Autumn

Archived