Any Recent Wedding Experiences in Key West?

NurseBeth

I'm considering arranging a wedding in Key West while our ship is in port there. I've been researching some vendors online, and was wondering if anyone had any recent experiences with a wedding in Key West? I'd appreciate any insight you could share! :)

Thanks for the reply! I had seen info on the Rooftop Cafe and thought it looked like a good place for a small reception. How did you arrange the ceremony through Ft. Zachary, and what were the prices and services included? Also with the Rooftop Cafe, did you do a group menu like the hors d'eouvres or did you pay per person? Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!

The Roof Top was great! I worked with Wednesday (yep, that is her name) and she was wonderful. We did the hors d'oeuvre option as well as a fruit and cheese plate and artichoke dip. It worked out great. We had 85 guests and it was plenty. They don't charge a cake cutting fee either. I think some charge $2-$3 per guest. We got our cake from Publix (AMAZING) and they delivered it. Not to mention the place is beautiful and right next to where we were docked. Since we had such a large group, they shut the entire place down just for us. :-)

Ft. Zachary was great too. I worked with Kirsten Blount and she was awesom. Kind of slow on emails at times, but she made everything perfect and is SOOOO nice. I did the ala carte deal with her. She has packages, but I didn't want everything that came with it. If you look at her website, I think they show the packages. I only used the tropical isle way with no arch. I did the flowers through her (which were amazing) and chairs for the guests. I got a harpist (did a great job). We ended having my husbands nephew get ordained online and he preformed the ceremony which was awesome and we brought our own photographer that was with us on the whole trip.

I previously posted my sneak peek professional pictures, but here they are for you. If you want to see the non professional ones, just let me know. :)

http://www.izlas.com/pearson

Let me know if you have any more questions...I am happy to help. I miss planning!;-)

My daughter is getting married next January in Key West. She is getting married at West Martello Towers and the reception is at the Roof Top Cafe. I would love to hear more about the Roof Top.

You can see picutures of The Roof Top in link in my previous post. :) And ask away, I am happy to answer any questions.

We got married at the Audubon House 14 months ago and had our reception brunch at the Rooftop Cafe on the upstairs deck. It was just perfect for our small group and the food and service very good.

I arranged everything myself and had gorgeous flowers and a decent photographer.

It was a small event and very personal. I would recommend doing this on your own as your money goes much farther and you have more control.

What ship were you on? Did you have enough time at the Roof Top, I know my daughter is worried about it being rushed. We are sailing on the Grandeur and we get in at 11:00 and sail at 4:00 so it will be tight. Could you give me more info about your hor d'oevres? What did you select other than the fruit and cheese platter and dip? I do not want to get too personal but we were wondering about the costs too. Any info about the food and drink costs would be helpful. Thank you for any help with this. If you would want to e-mail me personally it is pogrady156@comcast.net.

What ship were you on? Did you have enough time at the Roof Top, I know my daughter is worried about it being rushed. We are sailing on the Grandeur and we get in at 11:00 and sail at 4:00 so it will be tight. Could you give me more info about your hor d'oevres? What did you select other than the fruit and cheese platter and dip? I do not want to get too personal but we were wondering about the costs too. Any info about the food and drink costs would be helpful. Thank you for any help with this. If you would want to e-mail me personally it is pogrady156@comcast.net.

You've got mail with all the info... :)

We were on Century and arrived around 10am. Ceremony was at 11:00 and then we walked a few blocks to the Rooftop. We stayed two hours.

For appetizers we had jumbo grillled shrimp, crab cakes, conch fritters. Then everyone ordered from the menu. We had a bottle of good champagne which one of the guest paid for and several bottles of wine.

The bill for 11 people was under $1000 including 20% tip.

Archived