Pics of the Holiday after the 2006 refurb?

JoshGrrrr

On my next cruise I plan to take around a dozen family members with me. Some of them don't want to fly. Mobile is about 6 hours from here so the Holiday would be VERY convenient for this cruise. Due to my last experience I'm somewhat hesitant to book it. Does anyone have any newer pictures of the Holiday? Has anyone sailed before and after the refurb who can tell me if it's changed enough to matter?

I've sailed on the Holiday before and wasn't very happy with it. The entire ship seemed pretty run down. I happened to pass through the arcade and I don't think a single game worked properly. What exactly did they change during this refurb? Some articles I read make it sound like a complete overhaul while others make it sound like they just changed the carpet.

I tend to like the smaller more inexpensive cruises so I'd love to give the Holiday another shot. Last time I took a few friends with me and they still refuse to go on another cruise. I'd like to get a few family members hooked with this one.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

On my next cruise I plan to take around a dozen family members with me. Some of them don't want to fly. Mobile is about 6 hours from here so the Holiday would be VERY convenient for this cruise. Due to my last experience I'm somewhat hesitant to book it. Does anyone have any newer pictures of the Holiday? Has anyone sailed before and after the refurb who can tell me if it's changed enough to matter?

I've sailed on the Holiday before and wasn't very happy with it. The entire ship seemed pretty run down. I happened to pass through the arcade and I don't think a single game worked properly. What exactly did they change during this refurb? Some articles I read make it sound like a complete overhaul while others make it sound like they just changed the carpet.

I tend to like the smaller more inexpensive cruises so I'd love to give the Holiday another shot. Last time I took a few friends with me and they still refuse to go on another cruise. I'd like to get a few family members hooked with this one.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The only major thing that changed was the addition of the golf course. Some cabins were refurbished and carpets changed.

Dave

I live near Birmingham...

and we went on the conquest when it was going out of New orleans...that is not that far of a port...we were able to leave at 6 or so in the morning and have plenty of time to get to the ship. So I would check out New orleans like the other poster stated.

I sure hope they bring a newer ship to Mobile..b/c that would be closer for us too. We are driving to Port Canaveral on Wed night...so we have a long drive ahead of us...

I've thought about New Orleans, but the only ship I see sailing from there is the Fantasy, which is pretty much just as old as the Holiday right? The last time I sailed on the Holiday it left out of New Orleans. It wasn't a bad drive at all. I just wish more ships sailed from Mobile and New Orleans.

I live near Birmingham as well. I'm in Cullman. How far is the drive to Port Canaveral? I don't mind driving, I'm just sick of driving 13+ hours to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.

Archived