Zaandam cabin question

San Diego Ellie

Usually, inside cabins are very quiet unless they are on a lower deck aft, toward the engine rooms. Then, one might feel the engine or shaft rotations.

Inside cabins are often booked because they are unusually quiet and dark when the lights are turned off. Many people seem like that.

You are likely to feel the movement from the engines and propeller shafts or pods. It might not be at all unpleasant. I've not stayed in that area except once, long time ago, on the old Noordam. She had a slightly bent prop shaft and some vibration resulted. That was not great, but we survived.

It's hard to say. You might not feel much movement at all.

If this sort of thing bothers you, you might try to move to an inside cabin further forward, or up one or two decks.

DW and I just return from a cruise on the Zaandam. We had cabin 1937, deck 1 aft of the rear elevaters. It was slightly noisier than the bow cabins that we prefer, but not enough to matter. You shouldn't have a problem.

Hi--

I have dear friends onboard the Zaandam en route to Hawaii, and since I convinced them to do this cruise, am very concerned that they enjoy. What were your overall impressions of your trip? Am hoping they have smooth seas and a great Holland America experience---.

Thanks in advance for any comment you would care to make. And, incidently, they live in Bellevue, as do I. so we are neighbors!

Janet

Archived