"Enhanced Breakfast Service" in Suites on Westerdam

Sheltieluv

Hi everyone. This is my first time here; just joined this a.m. and am looking forward to receiving info.

My husband and I are booked in a Deluxe Suite on the Westerdam, sailing on September 21 from Seattle to Alaska. While most of the suite amenities are pretty self-explanatory, can anyone shed some light on what exactly the Enhanced Breakfast Service is? Is it just more choices from the Room Service menu? Should we just opt for the regular breakfast buffet, etc?

We have never sailed on Holland America before, and we are looking forward to this trip. Anyone else out there booked for the Sept. 21 cruise?

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The cabin breakfast menu is the same for everyone on the ship:

Cabin Breakfast Menu

Preferred Time Frame

6 AM - 6:30 AM 7 AM - 7:30 AM 8 AM - 8:30 AM 9 AM - 9:30 AM

6:30 AM - 7 AM 7:30 AM - 8 AM 8:30 AM - 9 AM 9:30 AM - 10 AM

Juices

Grapefruit; Orange:; Cranberry; V-8; Prune, Tomato

Fresh Fruit

Half Grapefruit; Sliced Bananas; Diced Oranges; Mixed Fruit; Seasonal Melons; Stewed Prunes

Low Fat Yogurt

Plain; Fruit

Breads

English Muffin; White Toast; Wheat Toast; Rye Toast; Danish; Croissant; Blueberry Muffin; Bran Muffin; Bagel

Preserves

Assorted Jams; Marmalade; Honey; Butter; Margarine; Cream Cheese

Cereals

Corn Flakes; Special K; Mueslix; Raisin Bran; Granola; Fruit Loops; Frosted Flakes; Rice Krispies; Shredded Wheat

With: Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk

Eggs & Meats

Two Eggs: Scrambled or sunnyside up or over easy

Omelet: With Cheese or With Ham and Cheese

Eggbeaters: Scrambled or Omelet with Cheese or Omelet with Ham and Cheese

Meat: Ham or Sausage or Bacon

Beverages

Regular Coffee; Decaf Coffee; Tea; Hot Chocolate; Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk; Half & Half

Two more things:

1. If you go to the Pinnacle for breakfast, remember to bring some cash for a tip!

2. Room service breakfast: If you place your order for delivery during dining room breakfast hours, you can usually get things that are available in the dining room but not on the official room service breakfast menu (e.g., oatmeal). This goes for all pax, not just those in suites.

Enjoy your cruise!

You can also request any breakfast item offered anywhere on the ship. For example eggs benedict or steak and eggs are not on the room service menu but can be written on the bottom of the tag or be part of you r phone in order to room service

Hi everyone. This is my first time here; just joined this a.m. and am looking forward to receiving info.

My husband and I are booked in a Deluxe Suite on the Westerdam, sailing on September 21 from Seattle to Alaska. While most of the suite amenities are pretty self-explanatory, can anyone shed some light on what exactly the Enhanced Breakfast Service is? Is it just more choices from the Room Service menu? Should we just opt for the regular breakfast buffet, etc?

We have never sailed on Holland America before, and we are looking forward to this trip. Anyone else out there booked for the Sept. 21 cruise?

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Sheltieluv,

DH and I are also booked for this cruise departing Seattle on 21 Sep 08. I started a Roll Call thread a few months back, but I don't think anyone has joined it yet. We're booked in a SY suite, aft section, but I was looking pretty hard at those corner SC's! I love the wraparound balconys.

This will be our first HAL cruise also (RCCL & Carnival prior). I have been reading and researching lots and this ship should be great. I'm looking forward to something a little more 'reserved' that the 'Get Out There' or the 'fun ship' theme. Don't get me wrong, we love to have fun, but I'm not into party, party, party:eek:! I've already booked our flights and 1 precruise night at the Sheraton. That seemed like a safe bet - - downtown and walking distance from Pikes Market. I can't wait to see the fish slinging!

I see you're near Syracuse. We have good friends who live a couple of miles from the Turning Stone. Are you near there? They have cruised with us twice before and almost booked this time, but have prior commitments this time.

Join the 'Westerdam 09/21/2008' roll call thread and hopefully we will soon have more shipmates join us!:)

Hi there

Nice to hear from you.

We are a little over an hour from Turning Stone; we actually live closer to Oswego, NY (snow capital of the world....) but I posted Syracuse as it is the largest city near us.

We are booked in an SB Suite; we are not party party party people either, and just want peace and quiet. (After teaching for 34 years, I need peace and quiet!!) :-) We are also flying the day before and are staying at the Olympic. It was a promotional "plus" for booking an SB category.

I'm new to this site, so I will figure out how to go to the Sept. 21 thread. I did sign up but have to check if my username indeed showed up.

We haven't cruised much; last year we were on Regent Navigator and loved it; only 490 passengers, so I'm going to be curious about the much larger Westerdam.

Hope to hear from you! Have a good day.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

I have attempted to paste a live link below to the 9/21/08 Westerdam sailing. You can also find it by going to ROLL CALLS, then Holland America, then on our ship. The thread should be near the top of the first page.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=676577

We drove through a bad snow storm on our way up to Black Lake for Thanksgiving with DH's family one year. We always take an eastern route (from VA), that skirts Buffalo. It was quite an adventure, but by the time we got to Watertown, the roads were completely clear and just a dusting of snow. The lake effect snows are very interesting! I love snow, but we don't get much here in central VA anymore.

Wow, you do deserve some relaxation and quiet after teaching for 34 years. Congratulations to you!:)

Even though the Westerdam is much larger than the Regent Navigator, you should have a wonderful time......even more enhanced by your suite, of course!

See you on our Roll Call page!

Archived