Funny "snob" review of NCL

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

"Service: My wife and I somewhat disagree on this issue. I thought service was generally terrible. She thought it was slightly better than awful. Our room came with a Butler who was all-in-all good. We met him around five of embarkation day and asked that he set up dinner reservations – which he did and also recommended to us that we make main dinning room reservations for Lobster night – a VERY good idea indeed. He also was helpful in getting soft drinks for my wife who is pregnant. The Butlers – with the exception of one woman who did not know what a Black and White Milkshake was and called me back to ask what it was (never heard of a Butler who admitted to not knowing something) – were good. The concierge was worthless. Neither us nor my in-laws understood why we had both a Butler and a concierge. After he didn’t get the TV fixed and stopped returning calls about ice and other needs, we decided that we didn’t need to leave him a tip (and Concierges are not covered in the $10 per day fee). "

I found this from an excerpt of a member review of the NCL Pride of America. Now I've cruised them and Carnival and like them both. I was actually on this cruise and enjoyed it, especially the steakhouse! I just don't know what people this snobby were doing on NCL! The whole thing is hilarious. I don't know what the heck a "black and white" milkshake is either. And neither he nor his wife liked the cruise, but as you can see they "differed" on the issue. The whole review is him whining like a spoiled, rich 5 year old. The butler/concierge just probably didn't kiss his entitled behind enough. People like this just SHOULDN"T CRUISE!!

"Service: My wife and I somewhat disagree on this issue. I thought service was generally terrible. She thought it was slightly better than awful. Our room came with a Butler who was all-in-all good. We met him around five of embarkation day and asked that he set up dinner reservations – which he did and also recommended to us that we make main dinning room reservations for Lobster night – a VERY good idea indeed. He also was helpful in getting soft drinks for my wife who is pregnant. The Butlers – with the exception of one woman who did not know what a Black and White Milkshake was and called me back to ask what it was (never heard of a Butler who admitted to not knowing something) – were good. The concierge was worthless. Neither us nor my in-laws understood why we had both a Butler and a concierge. After he didn’t get the TV fixed and stopped returning calls about ice and other needs, we decided that we didn’t need to leave him a tip (and Concierges are not covered in the $10 per day fee). "

I found this from an excerpt of a member review of the NCL Pride of America. Now I've cruised them and Carnival and like them both. I was actually on this cruise and enjoyed it, especially the steakhouse! I just don't know what people this snobby were doing on NCL! The whole thing is hilarious. I don't know what the heck a "black and white" milkshake is either. And neither he nor his wife liked the cruise, but as you can see they "differed" on the issue. The whole review is him whining like a spoiled, rich 5 year old. The butler/concierge just probably didn't kiss his entitled behind enough. People like this just SHOULDN"T CRUISE!!

I can see not knowing what a Jack and Jill is, but a Black an white milk shake??

A black and white milkshake is a chocolate milkshake made with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. It is usually a little thicker than one made with chocolate ice cream.

LOL! Thank you for the information!! And here all my life I have been making and eating black and white milkshakes and I didn't even know it!! I honestly never knew that a "chocolate shake" was made any other way. :confused: The things one can learn on this board. :D

I'm a little confused as to why anyone felt compelled to cut and paste part of a review of an NCL cruise on the Carnival board and then laugh at the poster.

:confused:

Why should we care what they thought of their butler or concierge? Why do I care what a milkshake might be called. I think if I had paid enough for my suite that it came with a butler that I also might expect said butler to find out SOMEWHERE what it was I was requesting.

But I've never had the services of a butler and don't expect I ever will.

Why do people feel it necessary to rip what anyone thinks of their cruise experience?

I just don't get it.

The complaint about not knowing the milkshake was not valid, IMHO.

BUT if I had a butler & concierge who wouldn't return calls, bring ice or arrange for TV repair - I'd be complaining. In fact , if I had a humble room steward who wouldn't do these things, I'd be complaining.

After my experiences with butler service, I find it hard to believe that these things happened.

Pardon my poor, Walmart shopping, Carnival cruising, ignorant self but I have no idea what a jack and jill or a black and white milkshake is. I would guess a chocolate shae but I could be wroang. And a butler? Is that like a cabin steward?

Pardon my poor, Walmart shopping, Carnival cruising, ignorant self but I have no idea what a jack and jill or a black and white milkshake is. I would guess a chocolate shae but I could be wroang. And a butler? Is that like a cabin steward?

No it is a butler. NCL Concierge class Suites have a butler who is responsible for looking after you, not the cabin.

No it is a butler. NCL Concierge class Suites have a butler who is responsible for looking after you, not the cabin.

And for those of you who think you don't want or need a butler-let me assure you, you do! ;) We had a suite for our anniversary cruise to Alaska and our butler was wonderful. Gosh, I miss him!:D

I have seen ads from a fast food chain, Streak&Shake or Checkers or somebody. [not a field where I have any knowledge] but whoever it is has a shake that they pour a chocolate and a vanilla shake in a glass from opposite sides so one side is brown and one is white. I think that's the shake in question. But that's hardly consistent with having a Butler! Fast Food + Butler=Huh?

Why would a shake made with vanilla ice cream be any thicker than one made with chocolate? The syrup is added to both if I remember my soda jerk days.

Dan

I have seen ads from a fast food chain, Streak&Shake or Checkers or somebody. [not a field where I have any knowledge] but whoever it is has a shake that they pour a chocolate and a vanilla shake in a glass from opposite sides so one side is brown and one is white. I think that's the shake in question. But that's hardly consistent with having a Butler! Fast Food + Butler=Huh?

Why would a shake made with vanilla ice cream be any thicker than one made with chocolate? The syrup is added to both if I remember my soda jerk days.

Dan

And for those of you who think you don't want or need a butler-let me assure you, you do! ;) We had a suite for our anniversary cruise to Alaska and our butler was wonderful. Gosh, I miss him!:D

Ok, I'll bite. Why would I need a butler on a cruise ship? What exactly do they do for you of any real value?

It depends on the mood of the cruise. I would never have a butler for our wild family cruises - but for a romantic get-away for 2, when you plan on spending more time in your cabin, it's nice.

We had our butler Ashwin on Celebrity. He basically stood out side our door (and a few others) and waited until we needed something! Drinks, dinner, excursion tickets, get the seagull of the balcony, fresh fruit in the morning, a newspaper, a snack in the afternoon, and hor d'oeuvres before dinner. My coffee was never even one second late in the morning. He would summon the steward if we needed his services. On Celebrity you can order dinner from the dinning room served in your suite or arrange to host cocktail parties for friends.

It was nice. I will go for it again.

I've always wondered what one does with a butler on a cruise. I always figured if I ever booked a cabin with a butler (yeah....right!), I'd just give him the week off.

So....he stands out in the hallway 24 hrs a day? And you just pop your head out the door and make requests???

I really am curious how this works.

I've always wondered what one does with a butler on a cruise. I always figured if I ever booked a cabin with a butler (yeah....right!), I'd just give him the week off.

So....he stands out in the hallway 24 hrs a day? And you just pop your head out the door and make requests???

I really am curious how this works.

They are only on duty certain hours from early morning thru early evening, with some time off during the afternoon. We did not have him unpack for us, but he offered to. He answered all of our questions. Helped with a pesky tie on one of the formal nights. Opened the door every time he saw us coming. It was nice to step out the door and be able to ask, "Which way is ----?" We didn't need any laundry or pressing, but he always offered to take care of that.

I can see not knowing what a Jack and Jill is, but a Black an white milk shake??

am I missing where Jack and Jill is even mentioned in the OP? Here a black and white shake is part vanilla, part chocolate. Depending on where you are, they pour them in together or in layers. Think of the soft serve machines with the nozzle in the middle that gives you both vanilla and chocolate.

and it didn't seem that snobby to me. They said the butler was satisfactory and the concierge wasn't. Although, they should have had the butler take care of the tv and ice and other needs. A concierge is for reservations and tours...

I worked at a couple of Baskin Robbins stores for almost 4 1/2 years during high school and college. That was a long time ago.

The chocolate ice creams are easier to dip. They are softer and start to melt quicker. Chocolate Fudge used to make very thin shake. My guess is the chocolate ice creams must have a lower freezing point.

I worked at a couple of Baskin Robbins stores for almost 4 1/2 years during high school and college. That was a long time ago.

The chocolate ice creams are easier to dip. They are softer and start to melt quicker. Chocolate Fudge used to make very thin shake. My guess is the chocolate ice creams must have a lower freezing point.

I'm a little confused as to why anyone felt compelled to cut and paste part of a review of an NCL cruise on the Carnival board and then laugh at the poster.

:confused:

Why should we care what they thought of their butler or concierge? Why do I care what a milkshake might be called. I think if I had paid enough for my suite that it came with a butler that I also might expect said butler to find out SOMEWHERE what it was I was requesting.

But I've never had the services of a butler and don't expect I ever will.

Why do people feel it necessary to rip what anyone thinks of their cruise experience?

I just don't get it.

Pickle up your butt? There always has to be at least one downer in every thread. And today that is YOU!!!!

Archived