Funny "snob" review of NCL

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

I'm a little confused as to why anyone felt compelled to cut and paste part of a review of an NCL cruise on the Carnival board and then laugh at the poster.

:confused:

Why should we care what they thought of their butler or concierge? Why do I care what a milkshake might be called. I think if I had paid enough for my suite that it came with a butler that I also might expect said butler to find out SOMEWHERE what it was I was requesting.

But I've never had the services of a butler and don't expect I ever will.

Why do people feel it necessary to rip what anyone thinks of their cruise experience?

I just don't get it.

Pickle up your butt? There always has to be at least one downer in every thread. And today that is YOU!!!!

I've always wondered what one does with a butler on a cruise.

For the men, he is a general go-fer. For the women folk... well I'm sure there are some tales to be told about being butled. Now this is where the concierge comes into play for the men folk. They are the ones who arrange for interaction with the local women at each port of call. And that is why he rejected calls for more ice. That falls outside the scope of a their duties. They can get you a ho, but they draw the line at getting you more ice. These folks just had a simple lack of understanding of each persons responsibilities.

I must admit that while I am on vacation, I like the little extra pampering. A butler would be divine!! I love Celebrity because of all the littel extras such as ice cold wash clothes when getting back on ship from a hot day in port...LOVE THAT!

We are trying Carnival for the first time and are very excited! We just love to cruise!

I can see how NCL can attract uppity snobby folks. The fact that their newest ships offer a couple of suites that are in the 5000 sq. ft. range (no that's not a typo) with 3 bedrooms all with private baths and balconies.The suites also offer private hot tubs, and indoor and outdoor private dining rooms.:eek: Oh and don't forget the baby grand pianos!

I would love to just have a look at these rooms, because I could probably never afford one!

MAC

Maybe it's a NorthEast thing but everyone in the North Jersey-NY area would know what a black and white milkshake is. I grew up going to the corner ice cream parlor and ordering a black and white. (Iknow this dates me.)It is definitely a chocolate milkshake made with vanilla ice cream. It's the flavor that changes with the vanilla ice cream replacing the chocolate. I never knew it to be thicker. Maybe there are regional variations.I'll never forget visiting some friends of my relatives in the southern Ohio area. I asked for a sada, didn't know why it was taking so long until they came out with an ice cream soda.:eek:

Yep, soda definitely means something different around here, and it's hard to find a good old fashioned ice cream soda! I sure never knew what a black and white shake was though. UDF does a great triple threat shake with chocolate ice cream, chocolate syrup and chocolate milk! May have to try it with vanilla next time and see what it's like...:D

As for the cold wash cloth on return to the ship, they actually had that on our cruise a week ago. Can't remember if it was coming back from Panama or Belize, but it was a welcomed touch..and a first for me on Carnival!

I'm a little confused as to why anyone felt compelled to cut and paste part of a review of an NCL cruise on the Carnival board and then laugh at the poster.

Yeah, I don't see the point of the OP either. Other than to be nasty. This is a Carnival board. Why bring other posts from other cruise lines here? I've seen many posts by Carnival fans taking umbrage when folks on other boards dis us. Pot, meet kettle. :rolleyes:

Luckily, I'm fairly certain I don't have a pickle up my butt.

There always has to be at least one doofus in every thread......

I agree about the Northeast thing.. I'm from PA and I thought everyone knew about "black and white" milkshakes.

I know what a Jack and Jill shower is and of course I know the nursery rhyme but could someone tastefully tell me about the Jack and Jill marital aid

It depends on the mood of the cruise. I would never have a butler for our wild family cruises - but for a romantic get-away for 2, when you plan on spending more time in your cabin, it's nice.

Ok IA girl, having never had a Butler, or even seeing a live one save for Mr. French or Coleman on Trading Places, I'll have to claim ignorance and ask a couple of questions.

If on a romantic get-away, say I've had to too much to drink, or perhaps got a little sunburned laying out- Would Jeeves pinch-hit for me if the DW was feeling a little frisky? Or, can you use them as a "camera man" in situations when the gentleman actually rises to the occassion?

Just curious:D

Yeah, I don't see the point of the OP either. Other than to be nasty. This is a Carnival board. Why bring other posts from other cruise lines here? I've seen many posts by Carnival fans taking umbrage when folks on other boards dis us. Pot, meet kettle. :rolleyes:

Luckily, I'm fairly certain I don't have a pickle up my butt.

There always has to be at least one doofus in every thread......

Yes, you both are right. Let's get right back to threads on smuggling booze or bringing irons onboard.

Pickle up your butt? There always has to be at least one downer in every thread. And today that is YOU!!!!

So, you think it's absolutely fine for someone to go to another board and copy and paste part of their review that has absolutely NOTHING to do with Carnival, so you can laugh at them because they had a butler and were unhappy about some things?

Why?

What does that person's review have to do with anything here?

Downer? Why? Because I thinks it's 100% inappropriate to laugh at what someone has posted about their cruise?

The whole thread is inappropriate. Pardon me for standing up and saying so rather than jump on the "oooh, lookit the suite snob" bandwagon.

And what people should wear to dinner!:D

True, that's another under utilized topic.

I can laugh at people, and be laughed at without thinking those gaffawing as mean and nasty.

But some people want hugs and kisses for everyone I guess, which isn't a bad mantra, just not my own; I will continue laugh away at those who display undisguised pomposity:cool:

[quote name='NCTribeFan'] What does that person's review have to do with anything here?

Downer? Why? Because I thinks it's 100% inappropriate to laugh at what someone has posted about their cruise?

The whole thread is inappropriate. Pardon me for standing up and saying so rather than jump on the "oooh, lookit the suite snob" bandwagon.[/quote]

I completely agree with NCTribe on this issue. And, furthermore, after doing a little research on the reviewer in question, I believe he is European. Or if [I]not European[/I], I think clearly is not an American (he didn't know when Thanksgiving is...). What difference does that make you may say? Americans' choices and values and expectations are very different from others around the world...and I believe it's unnecessary, and often cruel, to be judgmental. Just IMHO.

[quote name='AppleValleyCruisers']True, that's another under utilized topic.

I can laugh at people, and be laughed at without thinking those gaffawing as mean and nasty.

But some people want hugs and kisses for everyone I guess, which isn't a bad mantra, just not my own; I will continue laugh away at those who display undisguised pomposity:cool:[/quote]

What about disguised pomposity?

He dude, what up?

[quote name='AppleValleyCruisers']Ok IA girl, having never had a Butler, or even seeing a live one save for Mr. French or Coleman on Trading Places, I'll have to claim ignorance and ask a couple of questions.

If on a romantic get-away, say I've had to too much to drink, or perhaps got a little sunburned laying out- Would Jeeves pinch-hit for me if the DW was feeling a little frisky? Or, can you use them as a "camera man" in situations when the gentleman actually rises to the occassion?

Just curious:D[/quote]

Must be COLD in Minnesota!!:eek:

[quote name='soozles']I'm from NY and had no clue what a black and white milkshake is, or what a Jack and Jill is, and a soda is definitly a bubbly drink of the non-alcoholic variety, usually Coca Cola or Sprite.[/quote]

Ditto. I am originally from Southern California and I never heard of a black and white or a Jack and Jill. Soda always meant Coca Cola etc. Now I live in Washington and Coca Cola is called Pop.

Maybe we could stop the discussion on appropriate dining room attire by having butlers to dress us!

[quote name='iowagirl411']We had our butler Ashwin on Celebrity. He basically stood out side our door (and a few others) and waited until we needed something! Drinks, dinner, excursion tickets, get the seagull of the balcony...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KenMo']So....he stands out in the hallway 24 hrs a day? And you just pop your head out the door and make requests???[/QUOTE]

[B]I am howling at this one. All I can picture is someone in a bathrobe with a towel around their hair, poking their head out the door and screaming, "Get that damned bird off our balcony!" at their Butler. Oh my, I can't stop laughing! [/B] :D :D :D

[quote name='shipgirl56']Ditto. I am originally from Southern California and I never heard of a black and white or a Jack and Jill. Soda always meant Coca Cola etc. Now I live in Washington and Coca Cola is called Pop.[/quote]

Here in the mid west we're totaly confused. We just cover both bases and call it soda pop.:p

Archived