Official Doc Dance!!!!!

JerseyMom

I'm sailing the Spirit on March 23 and I actually got documents in the mail today. This surprised me because as soon as my cruise was paid in full I got an email saying that I could download my documents. Are getting documents in the mail now part of Freestyle 2.0? Last year when I sailed on the Spirit I only got the documents that have to be downloaded.

I think I've got enough luggage tags - I got 16 of them and there are only 3 of us going. Can't complain that they are being stingy with the luggage tags, that's for sure. Last year I had to print them out and use packing tape on them so they wouldn't fall apart before they made it to my cabin.

Typically the docs on line are for the immigration docs. Everything else is really your ticket info. If you fill out the info on line it is just a quicker line to get your key cards. NCL kinda stresses that you do this. It is a real time save when checking in if nothing has been filled out.:)

I'm sailing the Spirit on March 23 and I actually got documents in the mail today. This surprised me because as soon as my cruise was paid in full I got an email saying that I could download my documents. Are getting documents in the mail now part of Freestyle 2.0? Last year when I sailed on the Spirit I only got the documents that have to be downloaded.

I think I've got enough luggage tags - I got 16 of them and there are only 3 of us going. Can't complain that they are being stingy with the luggage tags, that's for sure. Last year I had to print them out and use packing tape on them so they wouldn't fall apart before they made it to my cabin.

You lucky dog you!! I want my docs, but I'm not sailing til 4/19

Typically the docs on line are for the immigration docs. Everything else is really your ticket info. If you fill out the info on line it is just a quicker line to get your key cards. NCL kinda stresses that you do this. It is a real time save when checking in if nothing has been filled out.:)

Not the Advanced Registration - I always fill that out ahead of time. I'm talking about the ticket you need to show when you board as well as luggage tags. Last year I got nothing in the mail - everything was online. I also got the "Welcome Aboard" brochure as well as the Shore Excursions brochure. Guess this is a new policy?

HeatherandFred - hang in there! Your day is coming soon.

Hi, Karen:

Have fun on your next Spirit cruise. This one of your mahjong buddies from the 2/24 sailing of the Spirit. We will be leaving on Wednesday 2/6 to cruise on the Gem.

Regards,

Lita

Hi Karen and Lita

Its Lynn another mahjong buddy. Just last week Mom, Lois and myself booked a cruise. We will be leaving on the Gem March 1. Can't wait.

Lita you will have to visit on the March 1 roll call and tell me all about the Gem. Can't wait to go,even though its not the greatest ports (we are on the 7 day to Florida, private island, and 2 ports in the Bahamas.

Karen since you have been on the Spirit, you know all the ins and outs of the Spirit. Ed and I cruised the Spirit in April for our anniversary and it sure was nice knowing the ship. We had a great time! Are you going with your son and husband? Have a great time.

Maybe some day we will cruise again and play mahjong.

HAPPY CRUISING..............................................

happyme101 - Monmouth County is in Central New Jersey (i.e., the Shore). Bergen County is to the North of us. Have you joined the Roll Call?

Lita and Lynn - so great to hear from you two! I was hoping to get together a group to play Mah Johngg on this trip but no one indicated an interest. Yes I am going with my husband and son on this trip. It has taken me since last March to convince my husband to go on a cruise. Lita - would you know if Captain Frank will be on the Spirit in March? If so, I'll tell him "hi" from you. I am so excited to be sailing on the Spirit again.

Jersey Mom:

We sailed on the Sun, 1/12/08. I downloaded and printed all the info from advance registration. Then I also received my documents in the mail. However when we going through the embarkation process (we were in a PH registration room) and they asked me for the information I printed off the internet. So make sure you bring both - internet and mailed doc's- with you!

Have a great cruise!

gym2

Hello Jersey! No, we haven't joined the roll call. Cruisin' with MIL and FIL......not much for social gatherings:( Yeah, right???and they are cruising?? Go figure!!

Anyhow, love the shore! We drove down for a cousins wedding at The Boardwalk?? I think that was the name of the hotel. Nice down there:):)

happyme101 - Monmouth County is in Central New Jersey (i.e., the Shore). Bergen County is to the North of us. Have you joined the Roll Call?

Lita and Lynn - so great to hear from you two! I was hoping to get together a group to play Mah Johngg on this trip but no one indicated an interest. Yes I am going with my husband and son on this trip. It has taken me since last March to convince my husband to go on a cruise. Lita - would you know if Captain Frank will be on the Spirit in March? If so, I'll tell him "hi" from you. I am so excited to be sailing on the Spirit again.

Glad you are going with your family. I am sure that you will have a great time on the Spirit. I think Captain Gunnar will be on the Spirit when you sail. Have fun!

I got docs in the mail today too but it was just the Excursion booklet and Welcome Aboard booklet with a letter with a few details. Not like the documents that used to be mailed which included everything. The boarding pass you will need at embarkation is from the online 'edocs'. When I booked, I had to make final payment because I booked 9 weeks prior to sail date so my edocs were available right away. I do like getting them in the mail though!!! :D

Archived