Think the Fuel Charge is bad check this out....

deborahjo

[quote name='Ms Belvedere']I thought I read in Sunday's paper that the airlines are charging for curbside check-in, too. $5.00 a bag? Has anyone had any experience with that? Talk about nickel and diming, hope the cruise lines don't start charging for baggage too! :eek:[/quote]

Yes our last flight in Dec. out of Ontario, Calif. on American they were charging $5 a bag at curbside. Needless to say we declined....

[quote name='Ms Belvedere']I thought I read in Sunday's paper that the airlines are charging for curbside check-in, too. $5.00 a bag? Has anyone had any experience with that? Talk about nickel and diming, hope the cruise lines don't start charging for baggage too! :eek:[/quote]

Many airlines started doing this last year. AA is still $2/bag here... so it still works out to be a good deal for me... the lines in the terminal are generally too long, so it's worth a few bucks!!

[quote name='Kurbanfan']Yes our last flight in Dec. out of Ontario, Calif. on American they were charging $5 a bag at curbside. Needless to say we declined....[/QUOTE]

My first thought was that I would have too, till I read the following!

[quote name='GoinCruisin']Many airlines started doing this last year. AA is still $2/bag here... so it still works out to be a good deal for me... the lines in the terminal are generally too long, so it's worth a few bucks!![/QUOTE]

When the lines are long, that price is a bargain!

[quote name='GoinCruisin']Many airlines started doing this last year. AA is still $2/bag here... so it still works out to be a good deal for me... the lines in the terminal are generally too long, so it's worth a few bucks!![/quote]

We have noticed that no one uses self check in. The last few times we flew the lines were horrendous and no one at self check in. I guess people either are not aware of it or they are afraid to use it.

[quote name='Kurbanfan']We have noticed that no one uses self check in. The last few times we flew the lines were horrendous and no one at self check in. I guess people either are not aware of it or they are afraid to use it.[/quote]

Oh I don't know what we did before self check in!! I use it every chance I get... I just wish some of the busier airports would get more organized... so many have the same agents working standard checkin as checking bags from self check in... ugh. If there is no line at the curb I do curbside, otherwise it HAS to be self check in... I always wonder why more people don't do that!! BTW, ONT is one of my favorite airports!! SOOO easy to get in and out of!!

[quote name='GoinCruisin']Oh I don't know what we did before self check in!! I use it every chance I get... I just wish some of the busier airports would get more organized... so many have the same agents working standard checkin as checking bags from self check in... ugh. If there is no line at the curb I do curbside, otherwise it HAS to be self check in... I always wonder why more people don't do that!! BTW, ONT is one of my favorite airports!! SOOO easy to get in and out of!![/quote]

I think we would have missed our flight out of San Juan in Dec if not for the self check in because of the long lines. It's just like the self check out at some stores we have out here. No one uses them. Who knows....
Can't get any easier then Ontario....only problem is they don't have a lot of direct flights. :( But we will book connecting flights just to avoid the dreaded LAX....

[quote name='deborahjo']United will now start charging $25.00 per bag for every bag after the first one. If I could link I would. Is on the front of MSN Home Page. This really sucks.[/quote]

[SIZE=5]YowsssAA ![/SIZE]
Be sure you don't overpack that one bag...or you'll be charged $75 dollars for being overweight !!! They get you coming and going.:) Jer the Bear

[quote name='Kurbanfan']I think we would have missed our flight out of San Juan in Dec if not for the self check in because of the long lines. It's just like the self check out at some stores we have out here. No one uses them. Who knows....
Can't get any easier then Ontario....only problem is they don't have a lot of direct flights. :( But we will book connecting flights just to avoid the dreaded LAX....[/quote]

I hear ya... I have missed a many a flight out of LAX!! I've waited over 4 hours in security, that place is a nightmare!! Ontario is so easy... even easier than our airport here... so nice and clean too. I'd do anything I could to avoid LAX :p

I don't understand it at grocery stores either!! I can't remember the last time I had a human check me out :p Although some of those check outs have some major glitches and there have been times I wanted to hit the screen with a giant squash :p

With all these extra fees they are starting to tack on for Overweight or Extra bags, it would almost be CHEAPER & EASIER to ship your bags ahead of time with UPS. You could ship them to one of those UPS stores near where your traveling and pick them up there, NO waiting for baggage at the airport. If you can get a business rate for UPS it's cheaper.

Archived