So...Is It a Hassle to Put Down Cash on Sail and Sign?

TwinMom7

If there is a line at the Pursers desk when you board just wait until later in the day when there's no line. They will let you start using your sign and sail card even before you place the cash deposit so you can head on up to the Lido Deck and grab that funship drink and visit the desk later that day.

I have always used cash, and it has been painless. You can wait until the next day to put cash down if you want. As long as you do it in the first 24 hours, you are ok.

At the end of our cruise, the last night before we go to bed, I go to the pursers desk, and cash it out. Works great for us, since I don't believe in using credit cards, unless necessary.

Keeps me debt free. Cash and traveler's checks--the way to go for me.

If there is a line at the Pursers desk when you board just wait until later in the day when there's no line. They will let you start using your sign and sail card even before you place the cash deposit so you can head on up to the Lido Deck and grab that funship drink and visit the desk later that day.

Thanks - this is great to know!!! We're starting off with a $150 shipboard credit - so that's exactly what we'll do. We'll stop and have a drink and then visit the purser's desk later in the evening to put down our deposit.

Iv seen one $4 hold, never a $400 hold, much less for a whole week, it dissapeared one day after I got back.

I was on the miracle for 8 nights and on day 2 they put a hold on my account for all onboard expenses up to that point (400), same thing day 4 (500) same thing day 6(500) and same thing on day seven(300). now comes day 8 they charge my card for my total s&s account about 1,700. all the holds they put onto my account weren't clear yet so I had about 3000 in there which is was i budgeted for to spend and the available balence on my account was only 1200 so i went neg 500. as the holds cleared it returned to the positive but my bank nailed me with a 20.00 ATM overdraft fee. if i had know exactly what they ment by the holds and what not i would have simply given then 2000 and not had to worry about hold and crap like that next time. I would love to just put it on my cc abd pay it off at the end but due to issues in college my highest limit i have is 1000.

Here,s what I have done . Went to my bank opened an accout for my cruise money.Received debt card and used it .got home closed account no problems. I did pay for tips with cash on board at desk so as not to run over our budget.still had money left when closed account.I have had problems with traverls checks found card to be easier.

Thanks - this is great to know!!! We're starting off with a $150 shipboard credit - so that's exactly what we'll do. We'll stop and have a drink and then visit the purser's desk later in the evening to put down our deposit.

We started with $200 and got most of it back...I found the cas easy to deal with and kept us from spending too much..I called and paid my tips off before we cruised so i didn't have that to worry about.I'd do it the same way next time ,too..We used cash in Nassau to shop with too and spent very little..It felt good to go an vacation and come back with money in our pockets!

If I am correct I'm hearing people say that I need to pay $200.00 pp at the pursers desk for our sign and sail cards. Does that also go for my 15 year old, 17 year old and 4 year old? All 5 of us would be $1000.00. Is this correct?

We just got back Sunday from the Sensation and when I went to load my s&s card the person at the purser's desk asked me how much I wanted to put down.I asked if$200 was enough and she said that was fine and there was the 3 of us..This was total for all 3 not pp..

Archived