CC Class Breakfast a real disappointment on Millie

Xcruiser

Hey Jordan and Les, where you guys getting your coffee? Les what is in that flask you kept pouring into your coffee that you kept in your back pocket? It didn’t look much like cream....

Doggone it, Joel! Now you have revealed something. My paternal grandfather passed down a secret that I was supposed to keep quiet.

It's an old Irish remedy to keep snakes away. To the best of my knowledge, it worked! :) I never did see one the entire time we were on the Millie. :eek: I sure hope you haven't broken the spell.

Les

OP - Sorry to hear of your bad luck with room service, but I believe from my own experience that it is an isolated situation and not a downward trend from the company. Last week on Summit, we had breakfast served in our room four times. Each time, it was delivered at the beginning of the 30 minute window, was warm to hot, and exactly what we ordered. The first time, a young lady delivered it and set the tray down on our table without offering to take it the balcony. On the other three times, our stateroom attendant delivered it, prepared the balcony table with table cloth, place settings, salt, pepper, sugar, etc. and set out the plates with the metal covers still on. All we had to do was sit down, remove the covers and dig in. Aside from the first time, I can't complain about the room service and actually thought it was quite exemplary.

John

We were both aft, and the galleys are aft (I assume), so...?

Your food was warm to hot, so maybe the location of your stateroom could make a big difference. Once on the Millennium we had a cc cabin on the very forward part and the food was as good as cold.

Doggone it, Joel! Now you have revealed something. My paternal grandfather passed down a secret that I was supposed to keep quiet.

It's an old Irish remedy to keep snakes away. To the best of my knowledge, it worked! :) I never did see one the entire time we were on the Millie. :eek: I sure hope you haven't broken the spell.

Les

Les, I’m sure your remedy is still working as when we sat with you on the aft table on Millie for lunch I did see one snake the whole time.:D

Joel

OP - Sorry to hear of your bad luck with room service, but I believe from my own experience that it is an isolated situation and not a downward trend from the company. Last week on Summit, we had breakfast served in our room four times. Each time, it was delivered at the beginning of the 30 minute window, was warm to hot, and exactly what we ordered. The first time, a young lady delivered it and set the tray down on our table without offering to take it the balcony. On the other three times, our stateroom attendant delivered it, prepared the balcony table with table cloth, place settings, salt, pepper, sugar, etc. and set out the plates with the metal covers still on. All we had to do was sit down, remove the covers and dig in. Aside from the first time, I can't complain about the room service and actually thought it was quite exemplary.

John

John, you’re most likely right on the service being an isolated situation. Outside of your first description our past service has been as you described on Summit & Connie. Your first description is the way it was on Infinity before the cabin was upgraded to a CC class.

One of the reasons we book this same cabin CC6143 (CC6144 on Connie) is the room service is shared with the suites and PH normally. This is one of the 4 CC cabins closest to the galley on the penthouse deck aft. We have never had the food served cold before on the other 3 ships we had this cabin.

The reason I posted this thread was to find out if others noticed any difference between the use of the plastic dish covers in place of the stainless steel warming charger and cover. The only other ship we were on that room service used the same plastic cover the food was cold as well.

Joel

:eek: I thought it was worse than ever on my most recent cruise (Holiday 07-08) I thought it was better a year ago on Millie; at least then I always got half and half with my room service coffee instead of that chemical stuff. I always drink decaf (not my choice~~my docs) {I do get a really good decaf at home but I order it from Louisiana and have fooled may "I won't touch decaf peeps" with it. Just because it's decaf doesn't mean it has to be yucky ;) } Perhaps the difference is tween ships. Since I am on Millie again in May, I will happily do a coffee check.

Holiday is not a Celebrity ship. Are you mixing up the names or were you on a different cruise line?

Archived