Top 10 items not to forget!

travgurl

An extra expendable plastic type card with a magnetic strip on the back (IE Kroger grocery card, sams card, supermarket discount, etc) This is to use in locking the safe while not jeopardizing your room key.

Huh? Why? I do not understand...

can anyone help me . i want to take booze on board. my husband and i spent $500 last cruise just on booze.:confused:

Buy some barnoculars :)

That top 10 list got long quick :D

Though this isn't as concise as the lists above, here is a list with some of the info as for why you would need it (such as duct tape):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=3870838&postcount=1

Wow, what a thorough list. I very much enjoyed the editor's comments, hahahahahaha!!!:D

Huh? Why? I do not understand...

Buy some barnoculars :)

The room safe locks with the magnetic strip on a card (credit cards, frequent customer cards, etc..). You don't want to damage your credit card or S&S, so you should bring along a card that doesn't matter such as a frequent customer card from your local gas station or grocery store.

The room safe locks with the magnetic strip on a card (credit cards, frequent customer cards, etc..). You don't want to damage your credit card or S&S, so you should bring along a card that doesn't matter such as a frequent customer card from your local gas station or grocery store.

What do you mean they lock with a magnetic strip?

I just assumed they were combination locks or something like that (I have never cruised before).

Are all of the ship safes the same on all cruse lines?

I guess it depends on the ship, but to lock the safes on the Ecstacy you simply enter any 4 digit number you like and hit the LOCK button. You do not need a magnetic strip card.

I'm guessing that death certificate had to do with the documentation for kids. If an ex were deceased, there'd be no need for a notarized letter from the other parent. It did say Moses Family list.

What I want to know is what the big deal is about the over-the-door shoe bag. By the time you unpack into it, I just don't see the time savings. I put things in ziplocks by categories. We don't have a big clutter issue, because bags can go right back into a duffle left under the bathroom counter; we can see what's in there; and we don't have to unpack anything we don't use.

Extension cord or power strip

Zip ties

Ziploc baggies in a few sizes

Bath & Body Works mini Air freshener

Immodium(so many foods to try!)

$1's for tipping

Spray Sunscreen(it's just so much easier to put on)

Digital Camera

Over the door organizer

Those Crystal light single serve packs for bottled water

I would bring a solid air freshener. I found on some cruises that the bathroom could be a little "stale" - even with the twice daily cleaning by the room steward. If you find that to be the case, pop one of these on the bathroom counter and no more problem. At the end of the cruise, simply throw away.

I take one of the very small aerosol room freshener sprays from Bath & Body Works. They sell them in various yummy "flavors" and though they look small there is a lot in them. My last one lasted on my two week cruise and I still using it at home 3 months later. I fits nicely inside a shoe to pack.

The ship mentions being "cashless". Do we still tip in cash for room service? Sorry, I'm a 1st time cruiser. Also, our outlets few? I have read about power strips but can't imagine adding more than I already have in my luggage.

I've seen them listed multiple times, but just can't figure out what I'd use them for. What am I missing??

Thanks!

Some people use these to secure their luggage so they know if someone's been in it (the TSA can just cut them if they need to inspect your luggage, you'd then have a small notice inside your suitcase saying it was them who was checking out your stuff). I personally don't do it...I carry all my valuables with me in my carry on and if they really wanna check out my socks and pantyhose, then can be my guest! ;)

The ship mentions being "cashless". Do we still tip in cash for room service? Sorry, I'm a 1st time cruiser. Also, our outlets few? I have read about power strips but can't imagine adding more than I already have in my luggage.

There is usually only one outlet, located near the vanity/desk area of your cabin. And yes, you do need to bring cash to tip for room service, $1-$2 per trip, provided you aren't ordering one entire side of the menu, is customary.

DW and I have just read this entire thread, but we didn't see a very important item we ALWAYS bring along....antiseptic wipes to use on all surfaces in our cabin. We do this when we board, (and sometimes during the cruise) and include the balcony railings, chairs, etc. Bathroom fixtures, TV remote, wall switches, etc. Just a little extra peace of mind. :)

We do this in hotels as well.

Enjoy your trip, we're planning on enjoying ours on Carnival Liberty in April!

Some people use these to secure their luggage so they know if someone's been in it (the TSA can just cut them if they need to inspect your luggage, you'd then have a small notice inside your suitcase saying it was them who was checking out your stuff). I personally don't do it...I carry all my valuables with me in my carry on and if they really wanna check out my socks and pantyhose, then can be my guest! ;)

Thanks - I'm with you on this one! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I really used the over-the-door thingie. I had my 2 teenagers with me and we had so many things in it! We packed them in it then just hung it up and we were ready to go.

When my kids were little I'd have them choose an outfit for the day including underwear and socks and roll them all up together so they would just have to get one small roll and be ready for the day. Saved lots of room too in closet/drawer space.

"I had my 2 teenagers with me and we had so many things in it! We packed them in it..."

Sounds like you packed your 2 teenagers in the over-the-door thingie, LOL!! :p

Your idea (putting whole outfits for each day in it) is a great one. I love it.

• 3 months later...

Archived