Ecstasy still sitting in galveston

stellatj

This crazy weather is going on everywhere!!I live in Ohio and this morning it was ice on the roads with a temp of 36 and fog!! Idrive school bus so we were 3 hours delayed. By the time we went to take the kids back the fog was so thick that you couldn't see more then 5 ft in front ofthe buses. So if it was that bad here I can't imagine how bad it was in port with all that water!!!!!:(

We just got off the Ecstacy.

7 hours late into port. We finally got off and thru customs and walked out of the termial at 5:25!

Im not (really) complaining! I got an ''Extra Sea Day" for FREE!!

Great Cruise --> Great Captian

Review to follow.

PS: We are still 'stuck' in Galveston, do to our 5 hour drive home, we knew we'd be too tired to drive tonight. And the Fog is still Bad!

Oh well, sucks to have to be on vacation still.....;)

I was watching the webcam and watched her dock at 1:45pm. I checked it before I went to bed last night and she was still there at 9:00pm. Wonder if they will have time to make both ports.

Nope... if you go over to the Cruisin' With The Crazies thread you can read the entire saga...

Bottom line, they lost Progreso when they couldn't sail before 10 PM yesterday evening. They got a $15 OBC for the late arrival and a $75 OBC for missing Progreso and the failure to launch on time.

Spirits are good and there were a lot of folks up forward, just above the bridge cheering and dancing when the finally sailed at 7:32 AM...

Mach

This crazy weather is going on everywhere!!I live in Ohio and this morning it was ice on the roads with a temp of 36 and fog!! Idrive school bus so we were 3 hours delayed. By the time we went to take the kids back the fog was so thick that you couldn't see more then 5 ft in front ofthe buses. So if it was that bad here I can't imagine how bad it was in port with all that water!!!!!:(

I also drive school bus, the fog we had this morning was crazy I couldnt see my back yard neighbours house. yet the busses still ran. This is very unusual that heavy of fog and the busses running. it is an unbelievable 46 out right now almost all the snow is gone, now there is a warning for freezing rain, ice pellets tomorrow. I wonder if that had anything to do with no fog day here. One difference with our schools the kids do not have to make up any missed days due to fog/snow. so they love the days off. If its a fog day we dont drive at all in the morning but we do drive home since most parents drive thier kids in when the fog lifts. Tried the delay but with busses doing grade school and high school runs with all different starting and finishing times it didnt work, we would just be finishing dropping off the grade school kids and it would be time to pick up the high school ones :eek: But snow days we have the whole day off.

Archived