Cabin Size....

my $.02

My wife and I crsuie RCCL and normally get a balcony room.

We just had our first, and plan to cruise again in 1/2009. However, we are torn on what size cabin to get.

It does not seem as if there will be enough room in a standard balcony for all of us. Does that mean we need to move up to a Jr. suite?

What have you done?

Well I did move up to at least a Junior Suite (if not GS, pending on prices at the time)

With a JS you get a bathtub which is great to be able to bath the kids in. And with a young one, you do spend more time in the cabin (during naps and the toddler going to bed early in the evening) so get a space that will be comfortable for YOU.

And with a JS you get PRIORITY BOARDING :D That is great for a cranky little one. You walk right into the Suite Check In line and are hurried along.

Is a balcony out of the question? Of course not. Many people stay in a balcony with 4 ADULTS...lol...and live to tell the tale ;) But if it is in the budget to upgrade to a JS, then yes, by all means, go for it.

LOL, I mis read your comment "just had our first" to mean just had our first cruise.... :D

DH, DS (15 months) and I just did an E1 balcony on the serenade 175 ish sq ft, and it was fine.

The floor space we a perfect size to allow DH to play and roam, yet still be contained. Momma's boy that he is, he spent a lot of time talking to himself in the mirror :D

As long as you are willing to put up and take down your pak n play (easy enough) a standard balcony room will be fine for 3 people.

We are booked in an E1 on the NOS; it will be DH, DD (age fourteen) and myself (mom). Will it be okay? I keep reading posts about families needing to book a JS, but this would have been so much more for a 5 night cruise with two port days. Has anyone done this size cabin with similar age groups?

We are booked in an E1 on the NOS; it will be DH, DD (age fourteen) and myself (mom). Will it be okay? I keep reading posts about families needing to book a JS, but this would have been so much more for a 5 night cruise with two port days. Has anyone done this size cabin with similar age groups?

It will probably be okay. You just need to try it and see.

My wife and I crsuie RCCL and normally get a balcony room.

What have you done?

On all our RCCL cruises we have booked connecting cabins for our family of 4. Same story for next summer. We like the extra room, privacy, and bathroom.

Archived