Did your kids like Serenade??

:rolleyes: Looking to take daughters ages 14 and 10 on Serenade in Jan. 09' Anyone else recenly take your kids on this ship? What did they enjoy or not like? Are there many other kids on board if school is in session?

Thanks!

Hello - We just got back from the Serenade in December. We took our two daughters (ages 11 and 15) who had a wonderful time! They enjoyed the main pool and the shows at night. My 11 year old did not like Adventure Ocean as she fell into the 9-11 age group and felt it was too young for her. As this cruise was very port-intensive, we only had a few sea days. Our oldest just enjoyed lying out in the sun and sitting on the balcony. We also let the girls go to the arcade a few times. We went the week before Christmas and there were very few kids on board. You will love the Serenade, a beautiful ship!

Just our experience, but our 3 kids (teens) did not enjoy the ship that much

ONLY because they have been "spoiled" by the Voyager and Freedom class ships. I thought Serenade was very pretty. Don't get me wrong, they had a good time (Alaska) , it's just that the bigger ships offer more and there were always more kids because we cruise in the summer.

Happy cruising!

I'm with rclcruzer. We went to Alaska on the Serenade too, and my kids spent a fair amount of time watching TV and playing with their hand-held video games. But then, they have always refused to join the kid's club. They were much more busy on the Mariner. They loved the Promenade, and we did the ice skating, inline skating, rock wall, golfing, etc.

It is probably different in the Caribbean, where there are activities on deck as well; plus there are more ports.

I'm with rclcruzer. We went to Alaska on the Serenade too, and my kids spent a fair amount of time watching TV and playing with their hand-held video games. But then, they have always refused to join the kid's club. They were much more busy on the Mariner. They loved the Promenade, and we did the ice skating, inline skating, rock wall, golfing, etc.

It is probably different in the Caribbean, where there are activities on deck as well; plus there are more ports.

Yeah, I think it had to do with the weather as well,AK was not exactly a warm weather cruise!Not to much "out on deck" time. When you put the warm Caribbean with a ship that has non-stop action and lot's of teens, you get a better time ;)

We did the Serenade when my daughter was 16 and she was not crazy about the ship because she prefers the larger ships with the promenade, Johnny Rockets and the Ice Skating.

I, on the other hand, loved the ship.

We were on the January 19, 2008 sailing of the Serenade. Our daughters ages 7 and 9 had a blast. They loved the water slide, Adventure Ocean and the main pool. We took them to some of the shows and thay had a blast. There were only 125 kids on board that week, but they had no problem making friends. The Adventure Ocean staff is great, and the teen facility looked like a blast for teens. Out of the 125 kids, about 80 were in AO, and the rest made good use of Fuel.

Eric

We took our DD 11 and DS 15 on the Jewel which is a sister ship of the Serenade. It was the first cruise for each of them and they had a blast. My DD loved Adventure Ocean and made friends quickly with a few girls and I had to drag her away from there every evening. My DS loved the sports deck, and the movies in the cinema and eating. He made one good friend he hung out with whenever he wasn't with us. They both loved eating in the dining room for dinner, getting virgin mocktails and watching shows after dinner with us. Then they'd head out to meet up with their friends. We rented DECT phones for each of them and one for me so we could keep in touch. At first my DS didn't want to carry his, because it's larger than his razor phone, but we told him his other option would be to check in with me every hour. He quickly decided the DECT phone was no problem. They only spent time in the cabin to sleep, and they slept till 10 of 10:30 each morning because they were so exhausted from having such a busy and fantastic time.

Archived