S cabin question

We much prefer being mid-ship. We had an aft Suite once (on a Princess ship) and we did not care for just looking at the wake. I like more of a view when in port. Because we were in the center/aft, we could barely see port or starboard.

We like being near the Neptune Lounge.

We much prefer being mid-ship. We had an aft Suite once (on a Princess ship) and we did not care for just looking at the wake. I like more of a view when in port. Because we were in the center/aft, we could barely see port or starboard.

We like being near the Neptune Lounge.

The suites on the aft have wrap around balconies you get the best of both worlds,but if that 2 minute walk to get to them cookies in the NL is that difficult and the MUCH larger balcony doesnt matter then you are better off midship.

Hi, everyone. I booked a Deluxe Varandah Suite on the navigation deck of the Ryndam, for the October 30th Sea of Cortez cruise. It's cabin number S011, right across from the Neptune Lounge.

I've never cruised Holland America before and have so many questions for you all, I'm so excited to have found this forum!!

Champagne in S suites? ALL RIGHT!!! We were going to bring our own, now we'll just have more! It that on the Ryndam cruise as well?

Has anyone been on the Sea of Cortez cuise w HAL? Please tell me everything! What should we see in port? Excursions? The pool on our deck looks so inviting, we'll probably hang around there most of the day when we're at sea.

Is the food good on HAL? Entertainment? How's the Lido as an alternative to the main dining room?

Thanks all!

Janie

Janie, Welcome to the Cruise Critic's HAL Board. I actually have never been on the Ryndam but will be boarding her just 2 weeks after you board her doing the cruise to the Sea of Cortez. I have been on 2 other HAL Cruises and love HAL. The food is better than RCL which is the only other cruise line I have been on. I find HAL cruises to be extremely relaxing. We are also getting a suite and will be in cabin 043 closer to the pool.

There are lots of very informative people on this board and several that have been on the Ryndam and the Sea of Cortez. Right now we are looking at only booking one excursion and that is in Cabo. We are interested in the "Deluxe Coastal Tour" That will probably be it. Unless some one tells us of one we should not miss.

Again Welcome to the board.

We picked the suite close to the lounge becuase I think we will be using those services more given we are traveling with our son and I didnt want to give up any cabin space for the same reason.

Thanks for everyones help

tjcletsgo:

We did the Sea of Cortez cruise in February of this year. Really enjoyed it! Loved all of the ports. The weather wasn't the greatest and we had a virus outbreak on the ship, but that didn't stop us from enjoying the trip. Would definitely do it again.

We were also in an "S" suite and yes, there was champagne in the cabin. You will certainly enjoy the Neptune Lounge....love those Cafe Latte's!

If there are any specific questions I can answer for you, I would be more than happy to.

Renee

My wife and I are booked on the Oosterdam, 10/24/04, S Suite 7053. Our first time on HAL. Our eighth cruise overall. Late dinner seating. We picked this cabin as it is Midship which we always find to be the best. The NL will be just across from our Suite. This is important as we do like to use the services of the Concierge.

Hope everyone has wonderful cruises. No matter what cabin you are in a cruise is terriffic......

Bill/Jane

My wife and I are booked on the Oosterdam, 10/24/04, S Suite 7053. Our first time on HAL. Our eighth cruise overall. Late dinner seating. We picked this cabin as it is Midship which we always find to be the best. The NL will be just across from our Suite. This is important as we do like to use the services of the Concierge.

Hope everyone has wonderful cruises. No matter what cabin you are in a cruise is terriffic......

Bill/Jane

Hi Bill and Jane,

Take good care of Oosterdam's cabin 7053 as we will be in it on 11/7/04. :D ....We sailed the O in an S suite in January 2004, and it was wonderful! Loved stopping in the Neptune for some good lattes and snacks! Happy Sailing!

Dee

tjcletsgo:

We did the Sea of Cortez cruise in February of this year. Really enjoyed it! Loved all of the ports. The weather wasn't the greatest and we had a virus outbreak on the ship, but that didn't stop us from enjoying the trip. Would definitely do it again.

We were also in an "S" suite and yes, there was champagne in the cabin. You will certainly enjoy the Neptune Lounge....love those Cafe Latte's!

If there are any specific questions I can answer for you, I would be more than happy to.

Renee

Hi, Renee!

I do have questions!

What night was Dutch night? We want to book the Pinnacle that night!

Is the aft pool salt water of fresh?

Did the Pinnacle offer the wine tasting winner (for an extra $50.00)?

If so, what night was that?

What was your favorite port and why?

Renee, I'm sure I'll think of more questions! Thank you so much for your reply!

Janie, who cruises in 6 days!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived