liverpool pops 2008

tobes

I want to find out what is on during July but cannot find any web site that details it. I have googled everything I can possibly think of. If anyone reading this is from Liverpool, could you please tell me how to find out and buy tickets. I will be there mid July and have heard that they have wonderful concerts. I am travelling with my 18 year old son who loves rock and alternative music so concerts are a must. All suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Judy:)

Hi Judy- don't think the line up is ready yet, though I did hear on local radio today that Michael Buble is one of the acts booked. It is being held in the new "Echo arena" this year.

http://www.accliverpool.co.uk/

Keep checking this website

http://www.visitliverpool.com/site/liverpool-summer-pops-p16204

and this site usually handles the bookings

http://www.cmpentertainment.com/index.php

but there's nothing there yet.

Kate

Thank you Kate. :)

Hi Judy- don't think the line up is ready yet, though I did hear on local radio today that Michael Buble is one of the acts booked. It is being held in the new "Echo arena" this year.

http://www.accliverpool.co.uk/

Keep checking this website

http://www.visitliverpool.com/site/liverpool-summer-pops-p16204

and this site usually handles the bookings

http://www.cmpentertainment.com/index.php

but there's nothing there yet.

Kate

Make sure you stay a while in our beautiful and welcoming city. Ask away if you want any info on hotels/sights etc. :) I saw on another post that you are visiting from California to watch the Open. One of my friends is a course marshal on one of the holes. Strangely, I will not be in Liverpool then as we are cruising out of Port Canaveral with Carnival after a week with friends in Orlando.

Like I said, any info I can give you about the city, of which I am very proud, will be freely and happily given. Thanks for visiting Liverpool. There's more to us than the Beatles!!:) T

Hi Liverpool -Yes, we are sailing on Maasdam this summer and our Liverpool stop is on Sat. July 26.We are not fond of large tour buses. We prefer small group or personalized private tours.What can you recommend for us? Can you suggest some "hidden" gems that tourists often miss? This will be our first visit to your beautiful land ... and we can hardly wait.Looking forward to your reply!Thank you very much!Liz

Hi Liverpool -Yes, we are sailing on Maasdam this summer and our Liverpool stop is on Sat. July 26.We are not fond of large tour buses. We prefer small group or personalized private tours.What can you recommend for us? Can you suggest some "hidden" gems that tourists often miss? This will be our first visit to your beautiful land ... and we can hardly wait.Looking forward to your reply!Thank you very much!Liz

Well as it happens we will be home on 26 July. I will be more than happy to help you to enjoy your day in Liverpool. There is a whole pile of things to do, depending on what your interests are. Art, music, sport history (TONS of history - especially linked with the 'New World') It's all here.

Tell me a bit about yourselves and I'll have a think. If I have nothing else on, I'll be very happy to accompany you around the city. If I'm otherwise occupied then I'll at least put together an interesting itinerary. You could actually spend a whole day doing interesting things without moving more than half a mile from where the ship docks. And it can all be done on foot, if you're fit enough.

Just a thought for you as you step ashore. Where you set your foot on our shore you will be stepping on the very spot from where literally millions of European emigrants set sail to seek out hope in the New World. Next stop - Ellis Island. And as you come down the gangplank remember that you are stepping in the very footsteps of literally hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of boys from New York to New Mexico who came to these shores in the 1940's and most of whom landed at Liverpool and who ultimately helped to free Europe from Tyrrany. There is a plaque on the wall at the Pier Head to commemorate this fact, but sadly it's not very big.

If you want, it might be better to email me with your details on towncart@hotmail.co.uk Just tell me about what you like, anything you'd particularly like to see, how mobile you are etc. I'll also tell you about me so you know you're not dealing with a weirdo. I'm just a regular guy who loves his home city and who's proud to show it off. We already have several American friends, one of whom is from Austin Texas.

I looked up your itinerary. Are you doing the full 35 day cruise? It looks fabulous, but I already know what the highlight will be!;)

:) T

HI, It is so thought ful of you to help people out with questions on Liverpool. We are on the Grand Princess coming in on July 5th to Liverpool we are very excited to see your city. We have booked a Beatles tour with Phil Hughes in the afternoon so we have the whole morning to see other things I see that the Tate Modern has a branch in Liverpool which is wonderful do we need tickets ahead to see the exhibits I think I read Gustuv Klimet exhibit will be there then. Should we also do Albert Dock? What else would you recommend I really apprecitate your information.

HI, It is so thought ful of you to help people out with questions on Liverpool. We are on the Grand Princess coming in on July 5th to Liverpool we are very excited to see your city. We have booked a Beatles tour with Phil Hughes in the afternoon so we have the whole morning to see other things I see that the Tate Modern has a branch in Liverpool which is wonderful do we need tickets ahead to see the exhibits I think I read Gustuv Klimet exhibit will be there then. Should we also do Albert Dock? What else would you recommend I really apprecitate your information.

The Tate is in the Albert Dock complex and both are within easy walking distance of the cruise terminal. If you are into the Beatles then there is 'The Beatles Story' exhibition also at Albert Dock. Tate doesn't require tickets in advance except for occasional special exhibitions, as far as I know (I have to admit that I've never been there!). Check out their website. Liverpool Maritime Museum is a must as far as I'm concerned. It's also at the Albert Dock complex and entry is free. Superb exhibits on emigration and the second world war. The Mersey Ferry does a good 45 minute circuit for about £5, which gives you great views of the seafront and the 'Three Graces' (These are the waterfront buildings.) Again, the ferry terminal is on the waterfront between the cruise terminal and Albert Dock.

If you are interested in second world war stuff then the western approaches museum is good. It was actually the headquarters of the fight against the U boats in the Atlantic and has been restored as a museum. There is an entrance charge, but again, it is in easy walking distance of the cruise terminal (maybe 300 yards max.)

I'm actually away in the USA on 5th July, so I won't be around.

Where are you visiting from? :) T

Personally, I wouldn't do a Beatles tour, but I can understand why people do.

Thanks for all the great information. I had heard the Liverpool Maritime Museum was very interesting and a must see. We will do it and my husband is very much a world war two history buff so he will be interested in all of that stuff. I think we can fill up our morning and I will go to the Tate and check out the website also. We are from Atlanta, Georgia 6 friends who travel together every summer. We are huge Beatles fans and have seen the Love show in Las Vegas which is fabulous!!! so we must do the Beatles tour. Thanks again for the info. elaine

Thanks for all the great information. I had heard the Liverpool Maritime Museum was very interesting and a must see. We will do it and my husband is very much a world war two history buff so he will be interested in all of that stuff. I think we can fill up our morning and I will go to the Tate and check out the website also. We are from Atlanta, Georgia 6 friends who travel together every summer. We are huge Beatles fans and have seen the Love show in Las Vegas which is fabulous!!! so we must do the Beatles tour. Thanks again for the info. elaine

Don't expect 'Gracelands' type houses on the tour. The Fab Four lived in very humble houses in fairly run-down areas. Penny Lane is just a very ordinary suburban street and Strawberry Fields little more than a sign on a gatepost these days. The Cavern Club was knocked down decades ago, and the one that's there now is a reproduction. Still, you will be able to say that you have been there and seen it. A must if you're a fan, I know. I'll pop back here with some more info from time to time and you should feel free to ask anything you like about the city. Do you know how long you will have in Liverpool?

Hi Tom, I am planning to stay extra days to do see your city. I have a hotel with my open package but I am adding some extra days. What do you think of the Hard Days Night Hotel? I have tried to buy tickets for Michael Buble at the Echo but no luck. I really just wanted to try the venue but I guess he is very popular because I could not get seats. If you know of any other concerts that will be there mid July, please let me know. Does the new Cavern offer music every night? Thanks for any info. Judy:)

Make sure you stay a while in our beautiful and welcoming city. Ask away if you want any info on hotels/sights etc. :) I saw on another post that you are visiting from California to watch the Open. One of my friends is a course marshal on one of the holes. Strangely, I will not be in Liverpool then as we are cruising out of Port Canaveral with Carnival after a week with friends in Orlando.

Like I said, any info I can give you about the city, of which I am very proud, will be freely and happily given. Thanks for visiting Liverpool. There's more to us than the Beatles!!:) T

Hi Tom, I am planning to stay extra days to do see your city. I have a hotel with my open package but I am adding some extra days. What do you think of the Hard Days Night Hotel? I have tried to buy tickets for Michael Buble at the Echo but no luck. I really just wanted to try the venue but I guess he is very popular because I could not get seats. If you know of any other concerts that will be there mid July, please let me know. Does the new Cavern offer music every night? Thanks for any info. Judy:)

Hi Judy. I'll take a look at the Cavern and the Echo arena to see what's on, but these days it's just as easy to see on the web. My daughter (16) is the concert goer and she knows the venues in Liverpool. I will ask her what's on. The Philharmonic Hall and the Empire Theatre are regular city-centre concert venues for you to browse online. I think Michael Buble is on there (Phil) too, but tickets will be scarce for that one. I'll do a bit of research and come back to you. As for the Hard Days Night Hotel, I think that's pretty new so I don't know much about it. Have you tried www.tripadvisor.com I wouldn't stay anywhere that I hadn't checked out on there.

Thanks Kate, I just bought two tickets. I was looking at Ticketmaster which obviously was the wrong place to look! Can you suggest anything else around the 17th to the 21st of July. My son (who is 18) likes alternative music. I appreciate any info. Judy:)

ote=kate52;13355737]Hi- just looked on the accliverpool site and it shows limited availability for Michaesl Buble, so it's not sold out yet.

kate

Thanks Kate, I just bought two tickets. I was looking at Ticketmaster which obviously was the wrong place to look! Can you suggest anything else around the 17th to the 21st of July. My son (who is 18) likes alternative music. I appreciate any info. Judy:)

My daughter often goes to the Carling Academy to watch alternative rock bands. I don't see anything up there for July yet but you should keep an eye on their website. I think that's where your son will find what he's looking for.

http://www.liverpool-academy.co.uk/

Archived