Parking in Galveston

Carlyzmom

Has anyone used Lighthouse Parking in Galveston. I have heard people talking about EZ Cruise parking, but LIghthouse is byfar the cheapest. It says 24 hour security. I know Galveston isn't the safest place in the world, so I just wanted to see if anyone had used them. Thanks!!

Has anyone used Lighthouse Parking in Galveston. I have heard people talking about EZ Cruise parking, but LIghthouse is byfar the cheapest. It says 24 hour security. I know Galveston isn't the safest place in the world, so I just wanted to see if anyone had used them. Thanks!!

Hiya, Carlyzmom!

I'm Mach, one of the Cruise Critic hosts. I'm going to move this thread to the Gulf Coast Departures forum where I'm sure many folks will be happy to help you!

We've walked all around the port area and never felt unsafe.EZ cruise is closer than lighthouse.Their parking lots are similar.We waited forever for a shuttle from lighthouse. If we had used EZ,we could have dropped off the luggage to a porter at the terminal and just walked over from EZ after parking and saved an hour.I'm impatient in that area. I wasn't aware of any difference in cost,I could be wrong.The Port of Galveston also has nearby parking for a similar price.Check their website.

I used Lighthouse parking Nov 2006 and was very happy. The wait for the shuttle was 5 - 10 minutes to get to the port and was waiting on us when we returned. The lot is a raised lot - which I had read on here could be important if it rained alot in Galveston. Also the 24 hour security made me feel safer. We had no problems and would use them again. We are staying in a hotel that provides parking with next weeks cruise. So I will see how that turns out soon.

Archived