What brand toiletries in mini suites?

Suesancy

Hi - we're sailing on Sea Princess in March and have a mini suite. Can anyone tell me what toiletries are provided in the mini suite and more importantly, what make they are? I have an allergy to various items found in toiletries and need to know what they provide. That way I can decide whether to lug my toiletries with me or not - we have such a limited baggage allowance that I really don't want to do that unless I have to.

Many thanks,

Hi - we're sailing on Sea Princess in March and have a mini suite. Can anyone tell me what toiletries are provided in the mini suite and more importantly, what make they are? I have an allergy to various items found in toiletries and need to know what they provide. That way I can decide whether to lug my toiletries with me or not - we have such a limited baggage allowance that I really don't want to do that unless I have to.

Many thanks,

It is their own Princess brand, similar to the one they sell in their spa.

For minis - they provide, soap, shampoo, conitioner and hand lotion. It is their spa brand - has a really nice scent, but that's probably not much help to you. it's called Lotus Spa Eucalyptus and is made by XELApack if that's any help. You might try contacting the reps, but I wouldn't hope for much. You should probably bring at least a small supply of your own toiletries just in case.

Charlie

It's actually NOT the spa brand. I was on the Caribbean Princess 3 weeks ago and wanted to buy the "Lotus Spa Shampoo" that is provided in the cabins. When I got to the spa they told me that is not their shampoo --- the only thing the shampoo has in common with the spa is the name on the front - and they said they didn't even know why that was on there.

Thanks all of you for your input - you have confirmed what I thought - will have to jettison a couple of pairs of shoes for my own toiletries:eek: :eek: . Better safe than sorry I guess. Thanks again,

FYI, when we were in a mini suite on the CB we used the Shampoo and conditioner and I loved it. It smells like eucalyptis (I am not sure if I spelled that right). All members of my family used it (11 of us) , including children, some of whom have allergies (the boys have very severe allergies actually), and no one had a problem.

If you have sensitivities to soaps and things like that, it might make sense to see if you can get a couple of travel sizes of something you normally use. Otherwise, I wouldn't sweat it. I don't recall reading reports of bad reactions to the Princess products.

A few years ago, I discovered I am allergic to eucalyptus, only it doesn't show up initially. The original product I'd used which was a tea tree oil product with eucalyptus which warned that it may result in itching after the first few days of use and to discontinue it that occurred.

I used the Princess lotion on a seven day cruise with no occurrence, but on a longer cruise, I started itching during the second week. As soon as I switched to using my own lotion, it stopped. So now, I'll only use my own.

The upgraded mini-suite and Elite shampoo and conditioner turned my hair into STRAW. I have thick hair that tends to be curly (I straighten it). It took 2 weeks to get my hair back in shape after I returned home. I will NEVER use their products again......will pack my own.

Archived