Transferring to a Travel Agent After Final Payment

sasset

Hi,

It's a ''no go '' after full payment is made .

Folks who like to ''control'' their direct bookings as long as possible will transfer them to their favourite TA about 4-5 weeks prior to final payment/penalties date. If they keep it beyond that, it becomes ''non-transferable''.

Cheers

:)

I have never transferred a reservation. I read often about transferring here and I just wondered what reasons there are to do so. If there were good reasons, could it be done after final payment.

Regards

I have never transferred a reservation. I read often about transferring here and I just wondered what reasons there are to do so. If there were good reasons, could it be done after final payment.

Regards

The reasons would be a bonus such as pre-paid gratuities or OBC (On Board Credit) from a TA.

One reason not to transfer (done before final) is that some TA's charge fees for any changes. I just had 5 price reductions on 2 cabins and had to negotiate with the TA not to charge $50.00pp for each change. My cabin direct with Celebrity was easy and monies already back on my CC (I had one cabin direct and one not - on a cheaper type cruise it is easier in my opinion to leave the booking directly with Celebrity).

We tend to fuss with our own reservations and transfer just before final payment. The reasons for doing so can be that you have a friend who is an agent (they earn commission and it costs you nothing to transfer) or for onboard credit. Also, some agents have group space on a ship and you can save money through transferring.

Archived