Breakfast Attire on QUEST

cruzingduo

What is the acceptable attire for breakfast in the dining room? Can you wear a bathing suit with a dress type cover up? Or or shorts prefered?

I assume at the buffet a bathing suit with cover up is ok?

Thanks, 1 more week till we board!

What is the acceptable attire for breakfast in the dining room? Can you wear a bathing suit with a dress type cover up? Or or shorts prefered?

I assume at the buffet a bathing suit with cover up is ok?

Thanks, 1 more week till we board!

T shirts, jeans etc. ARE NOT accepted in dining room, so I really DON"T think swimwear is either. I can't believe you'd even ask such a question! I saw very few in buffet in swimwear, but did see some, with coverup . :rolleyes: Also depends on the type of swimwear, and dripping wet people really would have put me off my meal!!

Here's some info from Azamara's website that might be of help ....

"No bare feet, tank tops, ball caps, bathing suits, shorts, or jeans are allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants."

http://www.azamaracruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000Vu5u1MlA_41ZYtlr6UePiRh:12odfrv1v;jsessionid=00002pQatBj7qORW0OeCaucie-S:12odfrvf9?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=478&pagename=faq_answers

Have fun on your cruise!:)

T shirts' date=' jeans etc. ARE NOT accepted in dining room, so I really DON"T think swimwear is either. I can't believe you'd even ask such a question! I saw very few in buffet in swimwear, but did see some, [u']with coverup[/u] . :rolleyes: Also depends on the type of swimwear, and dripping wet people really would have put me off my meal!!

I guess I didn't phrase my question clearly. I was asking about breakfast (before going to the pool or anywhere where else that I'd get wet). I have some dresses that are actually beach cover ups that I actually just wore on the Explorer in January to breakfast. I would never consider going to the dining room wet nor would I walk around the buffet wet or without a beach cover up. No one would want me to. I was asking if these type dresses are accepted or should I plan on wearing shorts to the dining room.

Really a packing question.

• 3 weeks later...
T shirts' date=' jeans etc. ARE NOT accepted in dining room, so I really DON"T think swimwear is either. I can't believe you'd even ask such a question! I saw very few in buffet in swimwear, but did see some, [u']with coverup[/u] . :rolleyes: Also depends on the type of swimwear, and dripping wet people really would have put me off my meal!!

Saw plenty in T shirt & Jeans at dinner! not even smart T shirt & jeans -one of our complaints re Journey was the last of dress code

Hello Everyone!!

We are on the June 21st sailing of the Quest and really really looking forward to it. I just wanted to get a clarification on the dress code.

I am assuming that shorts and jeans are allowed in the casual buffet area?? I would never consider wearing jeans or t-shirts in the main dining room, but want to make sure that such attire is allowed in the buffet area?

My husband will be wearing nice pants with collared shirts in the evening and I will wear dressy slacks with a nice top/blouse, but are hoping that we can be more relaxed if we choose the casual buffet area for some of our meals.

We have cruised many many times and are looking forward to no formal nights, but will still adhere to the dress code.

Thanks,

Nancy

Yes most forms of dress are accepted in Windows, The old no shoes etc. holds there of course. I'm surprised that the other poster saw jeans in dining room as on Quest we had a fairly informal atmosphere but only rarely did you see jeans or T shirts, maybe once or twice. Lots of tropical type shirts. The type of dress you describe is the norm for the ship! It will be far more casual, not too many did big shopping trips to buy impressive new "Cruise togs!" Which made for a more friendly, less class oriented group of passengers. :)

Dear Napi's Mom,

Thank you for taking the time to post. I can't tell you how excited I am about the "country club casual" dress code. It will make packing SO much easier. Both my husband and myself dress up frequently for work and various functions and think it will be a wonderful treat to be a little more relaxed on this coming cruise.

The smaller ship experience and the more "off the beaten path" ports are really appealing. We cruised the Med. on the Millennium a few years ago and it was a fantastic itinerary. The Med. is really a rather "addicting" place to visit. The water, scenery. history. food, wine, etc. ... sort of like heaven on earth!!! Experiencing the wonder of the Med. on Azamara should be a real treat!!

Happy Sailings,

Nancy

times are a changing when it comes to jeans. After a half century of "no jeans", our country club has changed it's policy. We've heard this else where as well. As the baby boomers move into control of these institutions, attitudes change so don't be surprised if jeans become part of "country club casual".

Two years after the policy changed, you don't even notice it anymore. The shirts/tops people are wearing are what you see and not the pants that are under the table. I'd be much more turned off by the guy in a tank top than I would be by someone in a nice pair of jeans. They aren't exactly work cloths anymore.

Hello...

We recently returned from the early Feb. Quest Panama Canal Acapulco to Miami cruise.

As for jeans, I don't usually notice what everyone is wearing unless they are totally inappropriate. If anyone was wearing jeans, they were well dressed and fit in well.

I didn't see any women in the buffet line in bathing suits at breakfast or lunch, but I did see (totally gross) several men wearing trunks with no shirts. These were men who should really not be seen without shirts ANYWHERE, but ahead of me in a food line was too much!

If you see yourself in this posting, put on a tee shirt next time okay?

I did see people in very casual cover-ups and they fit in just fine.

Aside from this possibly petty little comment, our cruise was fabulous. It was one of the best itineraries I've ever encountered and the ship, cabin, other guests and food were A+.

murphysmum;)

We also saw no suits in Windows, not even mens (with the exception of those in to fetch Lemonade, coffee or water at the station near the pool deck door) As a small aside...we did have many European cruisers on the 12/8 cruise, and saw...well.... the difference in what we find acceptable here in the US as to swimwear. Now my DH is 69, looks 50, and was wearing a speedo type suit, having forgotten his slightly more modest suit, but he looks GOOD in it. The exception I flinched at was the thong worn by a gentleman day after day, that covered little. At least he wasn't "portly" but I felt he could have used better discretion???? No he wasn't very young either!

Archived