HELP! Bugs?, Bannister Island? Barrier Reef- MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE!

susan41

HELP! We are leaving in 2 1/2 weeks, and I'm still swapping excursions b/c of these message boards! I originally booked Sun Beach Resort, but am changing my mind b/c of the bug issues. Are the bugs as bad on Bannister Island?? I'm going to book my excursion through RCC just so I can leave directly from the ship, but what is my BEST beach and/or snorkel option (we don't HAVE to snorkel, but my boys would like it) THAT WOULD NOT HAVE BUGS? That would totally creep me out. :eek:

We were on Bannister in November, and no bug bites then. Had a good breeze, which probably helped...

Snorkel tours on smaller motor boats are available to be booked on the island. They leave roughly hourly, and cost $20.

All in all a nice excursion!

We always cruise in the winter and never have a bug issue, but a little DEET goes a long way.

Many people try to do too many things on a cruise. Google and pick one thing after researching these boards and leave your worries behind. This just gives you a reason to book another cruise.;)

Archived