Port Canaveral/Genesis?

taffy12

Have there been any announcements lately regarding what Royal Caribbean's going to do with Port Canaveral? With Sovereign and Mariner both leaving, the line's not going to have much left coming out of there...just Sensation, I believe. On Mariner last summer, Captain Per said they were considering sending Genesis out of PC...any follow-up on that, or news as to where she'll be home-porting?

The Monarch is coming in after the Sovereign leaves......(SS leaves in Oct.MN comes in Nov)....

Nothing official announced on any big ships coming in though...

As they say no news in this case is bad news. but with the commitments made to Port Everglades recently, I'd say that Port Canaveral is overdue for a nice announcement. PC will not stay long with just one RCI ship. Be it Freedom Class or maybe a Genesis Class. Another Voyager or a Radiance would be great as well. 2 ships for RCI out of PC is all we ask for :D

Yep the first Genesis ship is set to go out of Port Everglades (FLL) or so they keep telling us. :D

I have sailed out of Port Everglades and it was jammed. I can't imagine what having 2 G class would do to that place. PC is much easier to work with. I'll sail again out of Everglades but I'll always prefer Port Canaveral.

Oh yes CM my son and his GF will be down here in Florida in early March from State College. We will be going to State College to visit in July. :D

I have sailed out of Port Everglades and it was jammed. I can't imagine what having 2 G class would do to that place. PC is much easier to work with. I'll sail again out of Everglades but I'll always prefer Port Canaveral.

Oh yes CM my son and his GF will be down here in Florida in early March from State College. We will be going to State College to visit in July. :D

Oh I agree. PC is easier, no doubt.

And your son and I have the same idea, we are heading down to Florida the beggining of March too. No one wants to stay around here during this kind of weather. It was actually 63 degrees here yesterday though. You should have seen all of the guys walking around in shorts and t-shirts...lol. You would have thought it was 90 out. And today, it was 30 :(

Have fun in State College in July. :D

Oh I agree. PC is easier, no doubt.

And your son and I have the same idea, we are heading down to Florida the beggining of March too. No one wants to stay around here during this kind of weather. It was actually 63 degrees here yesterday though. You should have seen all of the guys walking around in shorts and t-shirts...lol. You would have thought it was 90 out. And today, it was 30 :(

Have fun in State College in July. :D

LOL they are flying into Orlando on the 8th. Jason's G/F has never been to Florida. Marjorie is going to be in for a surprise. With Disney and such being only 60 miles away she's going to have a ball. I get to pick them up at the airport. You guys driving? and if so buckle up and have a safe trip :D

Nope, flying into Tampa. :D I plan to do nothing for 5 days. I bet his gf is just excited beyond words right now. The first time to Disney is the best :)

I hope they have a great trip!

I hope the Girls like Busch Gardens. You could always make a side trip to Cypress Gardens. It has the plants, a small amusement park and the famous water skiing shows. If it is warm enough there is also the water park too :D

http://www.cypressgardens.com/#loop

Archived