Dinners on Millenium

JackieT

We plan on eating most dinners in the main room and 1 in the specialty restaurant. But what are our other options for dinners? There's no buffet at night right? Do they have something else in place of the buffet in that room for dinner?

We plan on eating most dinners in the main room and 1 in the specialty restaurant. But what are our other options for dinners? There's no buffet at night right? Do they have something else in place of the buffet in that room for dinner?

In the same area where the buffet is for lunch and breakfast (deck 10 aft) they have a "Casual Dining" in the evening which is table service with waiters. You are supposed to make a reservation, but I'm not sure it is always necessary, and the menu is a little more limited than the dining room. They do charge $2/pp for this for some reason.

Also, In other areas of what is otherwise the buffet, they have pizza, salad, pasta and sushi stations. I've heard on some ships they've recently expanded the sushi stations to include some sort of stir fry - but haven't seen that. I guess you could look at these "stations" as sort of a limited buffet service. And of course there is room service as well. While we've never had dinner in our room we understand you can order anything from room service that is on the dining room menu, during dining room hours, in addition to the room service menu and other simple standard items.

We were on the Millie during the week of 1/20/08.

There is an aquaspa spa cafe that has light meals until 8:00 pm or so each evening. The same thing goes for the burger and hotdog grill area on the pool deck.

The main dining room dinner menu has an 'always available' section that includes shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, fresh fruit plate, sirloin steak, grilled salmon and baked potato in addition to the appetizers, soups, salads, entree and desserts of the day.

On one evening, I had the grilled salmon from the extra menu. It was very good.

The evening menu is posted outside the dining room after lunch. Due to the ambiance, I personally would go to the dining room for dinner since there is so much variety. If it is a failure, Deck 10 will have something to relieve the hunger pangs. You have my personal guarantee you will not be airlifted due to malnutrition. :eek:

Les

Archived