Considering Costa

psbtrvlr

I tried doing searches and they keep timing out, no surprise there.....

My daughter is considering a Costa cruise for her wedding, in November, out of Venice. It's on Fortuna, for 7 nights. We have a few questions.

Anyone get married on a Costa ship, or attend a wedding?

Do they do 2 formal nights for a 7 night cruise?

Is there a past guest party that Carnival Corp customers can go to?

Does Costa have any not to be missed food items?

Any other hints or suggestions?

Thanks!

I tried doing searches and they keep timing out, no surprise there.....

My daughter is considering a Costa cruise for her wedding, in November, out of Venice. It's on Fortuna, for 7 nights. We have a few questions.

Anyone get married on a Costa ship, or attend a wedding?

Do they do 2 formal nights for a 7 night cruise?

Is there a past guest party that Carnival Corp customers can go to?

Does Costa have any not to be missed food items?

Any other hints or suggestions?

Thanks!

Past guest on Carnival does not get you to the costa past guest party(just like it wouldnt get you to past guest party on NCL,princess etc)

2 formal nights on 7 day cruise

Before going any further with booking this for a wedding cruise I would definitely read up on reviews for costa and esp what ship you are interested in. You will get a lot of valuable info from this site.

Since you ask about carnival past guest, I assume you are used to carnival cruises. Costa is quite different . In the Med you would definitely be in the minority. I would try Costa in the caribbean before planning a wedding on costa in the med, but thats just my feelings. There are reasons why costa is so much cheaper than the other cruiselines.

Usually, with a Carnival owned company, if you have sailed on one of their brands before, you can go to the past guest party on their other brands. Just wasn't sure if it applied to all their brands. Since you obviously aren't aware, Carnival owns Costa. Sailing on Princess got me into a past guest party on Carnival.

Why is being in the minority a problem? We are seasoned travellers. All over the world. Usually are in the minority when you do that.

Usually, with a Carnival owned company, if you have sailed on one of their brands before, you can go to the past guest party on their other brands. Just wasn't sure if it applied to all their brands. Since you obviously aren't aware, Carnival owns Costa. Sailing on Princess got me into a past guest party on Carnival.

Why is being in the minority a problem? We are seasoned travellers. All over the world. Usually are in the minority when you do that.

I am well aware that Costa comes under the Carnival umbrella. So does NCL and my inlaws have sailed it and came with us on Carnival and were not invited to the past guest party. Sometimes sailing on a sister company will work for past guest upgrade but have never heard of it to include past guest party. Our first cruise was on Costa and that didnt get us in to the past guest party on carnival.

Im not saying you would have a problem with being in the minority, but it is definitely something to be aware of. If you read over the reviews and posts of people returning from Costa cruises the clientele on costa quite often comes up. Just want you to be aware of the differences. And if you think it is a little different in the caribbean, it is at a totally different level overseas. We have travelled thru-out the world ourselves (UK, continnental europe, mediterranean, africa on land based tours) but there are definite differences on Costa cruises. If those differences dont bother you or your guests coming to the wedding then go for it. costa is about half the price of the other cruiselines in the med so that would translate to quite a savings for a group

NCL is not owned by carnival (yet).

on princess my previous cruises on HAL and carnival did not get me invited to the past guest party, but it did qualify me for past guest pricing. on HAL my previous carnival cruises did count as a previous guest. too bad the policies aren't consistant.

NCL is not owned by carnival (yet).

on princess my previous cruises on HAL and carnival did not get me invited to the past guest party, but it did qualify me for past guest pricing. on HAL my previous carnival cruises did count as a previous guest. too bad the policies aren't consistant.

Who owns NCL - I thot it was under carnival corporation

Ps just went on line - you are correct. And here I thot I kept getting emails from them for specials b/c I had been on carnival LOL

Archived