Tucan Sailing Adventure

cruisefreak13

Hi all,

Has anyone ever done the Tucan Sailing Adventure? We will be visiting Cozumel for a day with our cruise. I am not worried too much about doing a private tour instead of with the boat but I was just hoping for some input, was it fun, how many people were on the excursion, etc.? Right now we are the only two for our day and they won't go out unless they have 6 people total so I am hoping a couple of more people will sign up.

Thanks!

We have heard great reviews of the Tucan Trip. We are going on 2/27/08, so we can report back and let you know. When will you be there?

Hi travelingfools,

Yes, please report back and let me know how you like it - we will not be going until the end of April. Could you also let me know how much a taxi cost you to get there and back (and if you were able to negotiate a fare with the cab driver)?

Thanks, cruisefreak13

Hi travelingfools,

Yes, please report back and let me know how you like it - we will not be going until the end of April. Could you also let me know how much a taxi cost you to get there and back (and if you were able to negotiate a fare with the cab driver)?

Thanks, cruisefreak13

I certainly will! I had read that the taxi runs anywhere from $7 - $10. It probably depends upon the pier that your ship uses. Someone also mentioned to catch it across the street, so you don't have to pay extra for them to go down the road and turn around.

• 4 weeks later...
I certainly will! I had read that the taxi runs anywhere from $7 - $10. It probably depends upon the pier that your ship uses. Someone also mentioned to catch it across the street, so you don't have to pay extra for them to go down the road and turn around.

Hi travelingfools,

I was wondering if you are back from your cruise yet and if so, did you do the Tucan Sail and how was it? Also, what was the cost of at taxi to get you to their departure place? Would love to hear about your excursion.

Thanks, cruisefreak13

Hi travelingfools,

I was wondering if you are back from your cruise yet and if so, did you do the Tucan Sail and how was it? Also, what was the cost of at taxi to get you to their departure place? Would love to hear about your excursion.

Thanks, cruisefreak13

We didn't get to sail on the Tucan on our trip. The weather wasn't good and they closed the marina. We did take the Taxi down to the Marina to see if our trip had been cancelled. I think the taxi was $12 from the beach side. We did have to drive down to the end of the street and turn around, but the taxis were all lined up on the beach side. Since we were in a hurry, we didn't know how long it would take to catch a taxi across the street. We met Dan and his crew and they were great. They had tried to contact us on the ship, but didn't have any luck. Dan walked us down to see the Tucan and she would have been just perfect. Dan suggested going to the east side of the island where it wouldn't be as rough. We did exactly that and the weather on that side was actually nice. We sat at the beach for the day at a bar next door to Coconuts. It turned out to be a nice day, but not as nice as sailing on the Tucan. This was our 2nd attempt on the Tucan. Hoping 3rd time will be a charm.

I wouldn't hesitate to book again. Let us know how it goes!

Have chartered the Tucan five times. All I can say-it has always been the highlite of our cruise. Amazing food, unlimited open bar, crew and owners that are more like friends than employees. Will gladly answer any questions.

Do any of you have any links to contacting them. Sounds like a great day, what is the length and cost.

Appreciate the help

The length of the excursion, and the cost, depends on wherether it is a charter, or individual reservations.

For a charter, the time if governed partly by those chartering the Tucan, subject to weather and sea conditions. Normally, plan on approx 6 hours. Costs for individual bookings, as well as contact information, are listed at the following website:

http://www.cozumelsailing.com/

The site includes both an email and a toll-free number. You will be dealing with Karen, who along with her husband Dan, own the Tucan. She and Dan are super people.

Dear sanantoniored,

When are you going to be in Cozumel? We are tenatively booked on the Tucan Sail excursion (not a private charter) but as of right now they only have two of us and they need four people to sail. We will be on the island on April 30th.

Thanks, cruisefreak

Dear sanantoniored,

When are you going to be in Cozumel? We are tenatively booked on the Tucan Sail excursion (not a private charter) but as of right now they only have two of us and they need four people to sail. We will be on the island on April 30th.

Thanks, cruisefreak

Oops - I should have addressed my above post to Fountaincruisers. Sorry about that sanantoniored. So, fountaincruisers, when will you be in Cozumel?

Travelingfools, thanks for getting back with me. I hope we will get to go on the Tucan since as of right now we are the only two signed up and they need 4 people to sail - cross your fingers.

Thanks, cruisefreak13

• 3 weeks later...

The Tucan Sailing Tour is wonderful!! Everything you've read is right on. We took taxie from pier - we got a van for our group of 10 and that cost us $30. Met w/ Dan, the owner at the Marina and he took our payment and introduced us to the crew and the other family & couple who joined us. The crew is just awesome - could not ask for better. We had all of the drinks we wanted; sailed out in a little rough water and the entire group opted not to snorkel because it was just a little too rough for all of us. But then we stopped at the beautiful beach while they prepared lunch on the boat. They even had a football and frisbee for the kids to throw around at the beach! After lunch we all took a spinnaker ride which was a blast - most liked it better than parasailing. After that they put the sails back up and cruised back - with plenty of great music and drinks! When we returned to the marina Dan had taxis waiting to take us back to the ship.

We will definetely take this tour again next time we are in Cozumel!!

Hi all,

Anyone out there that might be interested in going on the Tucan Sail excursion on April 30th in Cozumel? We would like to take this trip but right now it is just my husband and I and they need 4 to 6 people to sail - so we are looking for some more people who might be interested in taking the excursion.

http://www.cozumelsailing.com/

Above is the website address but I couldn't get it to do a link - I am not very computer literate - sorry.

I hope thereare some people out there that would be interested in signing up, the trip gets great reviews and I find the ones we do on our own opposed to going with the ship are usually so much better (and a lot of times, smaller in group size).

Best, cruisefreak13

I agree with CruizinPartyPlanner that Tucan Sailing was our favorite excursion! (we were the other family on the catamaran with them!). They were awesome to deal with and really made sure everyone was having a great time. The food was wonderful and the drinks were plenty. They had caught a red snapper on the way back from the day before and we had the good fortune of eating it! We also caught a snapper on the way back which the kids really enjoyed.

The private island they took us to was so nice and peaceful. They even brought a cooler over with soft drinks and beer for us to enjoy.

They did everything possible to make sure we all had a great day. We will definitely do this excursion again when in Cozumel! :)

Archived