NCL snorkel excursions

travelmatron

At Virgin Gorda the vests/belts were totally optional. However at Antigua they gave us the vests. I couldn't say if they were optional as i didn't see anyone who didn't use them even if they weren't inflated. My guess is it's completely up to the excursion provider how they handle it.

Even in some ports it varies. We did a trip in the Bahamas (not a ship snorkel excursion). We had our own mask/fins but they required us to rent vests.

In Cozumel we did a snorkeling excursion on our own and we didn't have to put them on at all. They had them if you wanted.

The vest are what they are when you wear them. Inflate them or not. My dh doesn't inflate his so he can go down farther. I like to inflate mine a little so I can be lazy and float.

I wouldn't describe them as a flotation "vest." It's more like a yellow inflatable bib. I believe they are required on all ship sponsored excursions. They can be inflated or not as you wish and uninflated hardly create a problem for experienced snorkelers.

Archived