I just learnt something!

brad_p

Ok so I have just seen "National Geographic Worlds Biggest Cruise Ship" for the first time. Really amazing docco but the biggest jaw dropper for me was the fact the actually have a morgue on the ship!!! Pretty freaky lol :eek: :D

Ok so I have just seen "National Geographic Worlds Biggest Cruise Ship" for the first time. Really amazing docco but the biggest jaw dropper for me was the fact the actually have a morgue on the ship!!! Pretty freaky lol :eek: :D

And, they also have a jail!

Really? Does a cruise line have the legal right to detain someone? Just wondering.

Ships at sea have been described as the last absolute monarchy on Earth. Aircraft in international airspace aren't much different.

They definitely have a morgue and a jail. I have seen someone being hauled off to jail and they definitely needed to go there! Also, I was cruising out of Galveston about three weeks ago and we had a gentleman pass away from a massive heart attack. Very sad! There are deaths on cruise ships all the time so they have to be able to handle those situations.

they have had morgues for years, so that is nothing new. My husband read a cruising history book, though he can't remember the name right now, but I remember him reading a passage where because cruising was mainly for the elderly at one point that they had to have secondary morgues because so many passed away on the ships. :eek:

Archived