On Board Sun Now 2/9

stever

My Dad is having me send this out:

"Drank out of one glass with lid on it. Went to drink out of second glass and half a drink was left in it by a previous cruiser! I would suggest bringing your own plastic cup for yourselves."

"Drank out of one glass with lid on it. Went to drink out of second glass and half a drink was left in it by a previous cruiser! I would suggest bringing your own plastic cup for yourselves."

I'm a little confused by this post? Was the glass with a lid in your dad's cabin? Please provide more info. Thanks:)

Other than this incident, hope you are having a good trip!

what do you mean, you drank out of a glass with a lid on it. IF the lid was still on it how did you drink out of it and what is wrong with a lid on a glass. You would anyone bring their own glasses? I have a little problem with your posting.

Nita

I know exactly what they meant.

They found dirty glasses in their state room. The "lid" is the little paper cover that ironically means "this glass was cleaned for your enjoyment!" :eek:

If you travel as much as you think you do, then you probably already know to bring your own mug or plastic drinking cups with you wherever you go - be it to a hotel, train, ship, dungeon, or cave!

Much recent attention has been given the dirty cup issue in hotels as a result of some undercover footage that aired all over the net.

For your own protection, drink out of your own cups.

Still not sure I would have paid 75 cents a minute to share that bit of trip news though.... :confused:

:o Actually....why not just wash the glass before you use it? It's GLASS....pretty easy to clean in the bathroom sink. I always clean them before I use them, just a habit I guess.

bring my own cups? Yeah...I will pack that in the bag with the bungee cords, duct tape and other items I never needed on a cruise.

omgoodness! if the glass in the cabin is dirty, just imagine what they are serving you on the in dining room! @@ what if the sheets are dirty!! what if... what if... what if... WHATEVER, just clean the glass and go on with your vacation.

oh and look out for bedbugs ;)

:o Actually....why not just wash the glass before you use it? It's GLASS....pretty easy to clean in the bathroom sink. I always clean them before I use them, just a habit I guess.

bring my own cups? Yeah...I will pack that in the bag with the bungee cords, duct tape and other items I never needed on a cruise.

my sentiments exactly. and maybe the bedbugs were drinking out of the cup as well. Don't ya just love these shocker stories, I think they should have taken pictures to see if 20/20 or maybe even 60 minutes might be interested in doing a segment.

Nita

...bring my own cups? Yeah...I will pack that in the bag with the bungee cords, duct tape and other items I never needed on a cruise.

You can bring what you like.

I'm just saying that I travel so much for work that I always keep a bunch of large plastic cups in my bag so I never have to touch the

little glass ones they put out for the people who forgot to bring their own!

I don't do dishes at home....I'm not about to do them on the ship! HAHA!

:rolleyes:

You can bring what you like.

I'm just saying that I travel so much for work that I always keep a bunch of large plastic cups in my bag so I never have to touch the

little glass ones they put out for the people who forgot to bring their own!

I don't do dishes at home....I'm not about to do them on the ship! HAHA!

:rolleyes:

Rinsing out a glass or wiping it out and doing dishes are a little different wouldn't you say?

I just can't be bothered with bringing anything on a vacation I don't really need no matter how light or how smalll. Now we have United that will only allow 1 checked bag, we have weight restrictions and sometimes weather conditions require us to bring heavier cloths than we would like. I am not going to worry about whether I have my little plastic cup. Both our daughter and our son travel on business constantly, our daughter all over the world. I asked her about this, she just laughed....

Nita

Now that is funny!

You know its gonna cost him another $3 just to read all the replies to his post.....lol.

OMG! I have finally had it. I am a first time cruiser and nothing I read here with the exception of the explanation of what the "lids" were was even remotely helpful. I find this to be a common thing on this board. General nastiness and complete disrespect towards others. :mad: Good God..when someone actually offers a suggestion or a solution to a problem, why do 20 others have to jump in and either shoot them down or make fun of their tips. Get a life people.. get over yourselves.. Jeesh!

Honestly..who gives a crap that you don't do dishes.. :eek:(disgusting) and who gives a crap that your daughter travels all over the world and then has the audacity to laugh at other people's travel habits :mad: :mad: (Super rude and didn't need to be shared..petty) ..and honestly? Who gives a crap that you have weight restrictions now..it's the lay of the "travel land". We have never NOT had weight restrictions..we can still fit in travel mugs. :rolleyes:

And I mean really...I think it is so mean that you people find it funny that it is going to cost these people money to read your completely petty, useless responses. I would think you should all be ashamed and embarrassed by your complete lack of help and your blatant use of opportunity to be mean and petty to another human being.

If this is what the "cruising" community is like then this will probably be my first and last cruise. What a shame..I was hoping to meet "nice, friendly" people. They certainly aren't on this thread. And yes, I fully expect those people will have something to say to this too. :rolleyes:

And my sincerest apologies to the nice, helpful people that I know must be out there..I just couldn't help it. After a month of reading this board, frustrations built up over this issue and the frequency it occurs.. there have been helpful posts, and I think those that take the time and are patient with responses.

OMG! I have finally had it. I am a first time cruiser and nothing I read here with the exception of the explanation of what the "lids" were was even remotely helpful. I find this to be a common thing on this board. General nastiness and complete disrespect towards others. :mad: Good God..when someone actually offers a suggestion or a solution to a problem' date=' why do 20 others have to jump in and either shoot them down or make fun of their tips. Get a life people.. get over yourselves.. Jeesh!

Honestly..who gives a crap that you don't do dishes.. :eek:(disgusting) and who gives a crap that your daughter travels all over the world and then has the audacity to laugh at other people's travel habits :mad: :mad: (Super rude and didn't need to be shared..petty) ..and honestly? Who gives a crap that you have weight restrictions now..it's the lay of the "travel land". We have never NOT had weight restrictions..we can still fit in travel mugs. :rolleyes:

And I mean really...I think it is so mean that you people find it funny that it is going to cost these people money to read your completely petty, useless responses. I would think you should all be ashamed and embarrassed by your complete lack of help and your blatant use of opportunity to be mean and petty to another human being.

If this is what the "cruising" community is like then this will probably be my first and last cruise. What a shame..I was hoping to meet "nice, friendly" people. They certainly aren't on this thread. And yes, I fully expect those people will have something to say to this too. :rolleyes:

And my sincerest apologies to the nice, helpful people that I know must be out there..I just couldn't help it. After a month of reading this board, frustrations built up over this issue and the frequency it occurs.. there have been helpful posts, and I think those that take the time and are patient with responses.[/quote']

Well I think what caused some of the responses to the original post was the content of the post.

Yes this site is a very helpful tool to answer tons of questions that are difficult to find anywhere else. For someone who has never been on a cruise, this sight it a godsend. When I have spare time, I will sign onto this sight and try and help anyone that is looking for help.

However, when you have someone on here letting us know that the room steward missed cleaning a glass in their room my first response is - huh?

How about you stick your head outside your door and flag down your room steward or pick up the phone in your room and call housekeeping. Give us all a break.

So I guess it is the pettiness of posts like this that drive people nuts and prompt the responses that you viewed.

While at dinner on a cruise last year, I had a guy at a table next to me berate the server because - the ice water that he had asked for was too cold. Should we alert everyone that the ice water on the ship is too cold?

It is all about perspective - that's all. People in this world need to get a grip on life.

So I guess it is the pettiness of posts like this that drive people nuts and prompt the responses that you viewed.

Or more likely there are just lots of rude people out there who hide behind their computers because if they ever talked to someone in person like they "talk" to others on here, they'd wind up in the Emergency room!

HAHA!

:D

ur_calvin_klein_guy, you are right. It is all about perspective. And I agree, from your perspective as a "multi-time cruiser" there was probably no good reason for the guy to post that complaint, except that he is setting the stage to come home and make a grand list of complaints..(although I rather hope he does find other ways to enjoy his cruise).

From my perspective as a "never-set-foot-on-a-ship-yet-cruiser-to-be" :o, I was interested in the fact that (1) he is on the very ship I am about to get on and (2) I had no idea what a lid on a glass was. I thought it very well could have been something that he paid for at the bar.. So, to me..?.. well, it was a fairly big deal.

When I read farther, I was appalled at the sheer rudeness of other responders. I am probably one of the easiest people to get along with, and usually take things on the chin, but I have worked in the hospitality/ service industry for almost 30 years and If I ever caught my staff treating others like this they would be fired instantly.

I'm not going to re-list the insults but let's just say from my "perspective" this post has put a really bad taste of apprehension in my mouth. I'm almost scared to ask a question, for fear that I will get flamed, slammed, ridiculed, etc..

I am glad that you did try to explain the point of view of yourself and those that probably are very helpful, if not weary of those of us who find this "new cruising world" a bit overwhelming, but I hope that you appreciate it is just that.. overwhelming and confusing and without being armed with a binder of information, this might turn into one of the most expensive "affordable" vacations I have ever taken in 10 years of travel.. :).. with my own travel mug :)

I would have to agree, what a waste of bandwidth.

Too funny.

I think that is why so many of us reacted the way we did; notice the kid has not been back. I would almsot bet he was simply playing around. As for imwithhim, lighten up and learn to understand what these boards are all about.

We do have ideas and opinions, we have every right to post them and if we see or read something we don't agree with we will continue to state them.

Nita

OMG! I have finally had it. I am a first time cruiser and nothing I read here with the exception of the explanation of what the "lids" were was even remotely helpful. I find this to be a common thing on this board. General nastiness and complete disrespect towards others. :mad: Good God..when someone actually offers a suggestion or a solution to a problem' date=' why do 20 others have to jump in and either shoot them down or make fun of their tips. Get a life people.. get over yourselves.. Jeesh!

And my sincerest apologies to the nice, helpful people that I know must be out there..I just couldn't help it. After a month of reading this board, frustrations built up over this issue and the frequency it occurs.. there have been helpful posts, and I think those that take the time and are patient with responses.[/quote']

You need to relax and lighten up.....and maybe re-read the original post....it barely makes sense....

I'm almost scared to ask a question' date=' for fear that I will get flamed, slammed, ridiculed, etc..

[/quote']

I know where your coming from. It seems like if you weren't on this board from the day ALGORE invented the interwebs, and have at least 5 cruises and 2000 posts under your belt, then you aren't welcome here.

If you have any questions, go ahead and ask. If I can answer, just scroll past all the nasty unhelpful replies until you get to my name. I'll be as helpful as I can.

Don't let the posters on here get you down or turn you from cruising. We are not all the same.

Thanks.. that's all I needed to hear. The "cruising" crowd has spoken. What a shame that you few are the spokes people for what might be a great way to travel. How embarrassing.

I have been on travel forums for over 10 years and have never seen anything like this. I don't need to lighten up.. but there sure are some people on here that need to get some manners.

I didn't read any "opinions" I read rude sarcastic comments. And if I was the OP and I came back and read what you people said I wouldn't acknowledge either..especially if I was a kid..

When you want to post "opinions" then by all means do it. I'll be waiting for anything worth reading that will help me get information about things I need to know on my cruise. This crap isn't it..

I know where your coming from. It seems like if you weren't on this board from the day ALGORE invented the interwebs, and have at least 5 cruises and 2000 posts under your belt, then you aren't welcome here.

If you have any questions, go ahead and ask. If I can answer, just scroll past all the nasty unhelpful replies until you get to my name. I'll be as helpful as I can.

Don't let the posters on here get you down or turn you from cruising. We are not all the same.

Thanks Migglewump Fizzlebottom. I appreciate it.

Thanks.. that's all I needed to hear. The "cruising" crowd has spoken. What a shame that you few are the spokes people for what might be a great way to travel. How embarrassing.

I have been on travel forums for over 10 years and have never seen anything like this. I don't need to lighten up.. but there sure are some people on here that need to get some manners.

I didn't read any "opinions" I read rude sarcastic comments. And if I was the OP and I came back and read what you people said I wouldn't acknowledge either..especially if I was a kid..

When you want to post "opinions" then by all means do it. I'll be waiting for anything worth reading that will help me get information about things I need to know on my cruise. This crap isn't it..

As you read these comments, try to guess who are the ones who are hogging deck chairs by the pool for hours, sneaking liquor aboard in little plastic bottles, pushing to the front of the line for tenders and passing around the soda card amongst multiple users.

Archived