Confused over QE2 pricing

TJL

2nd-17th July (15 nights) Mediterranean Splendour:

Current online price for a P1 cabin is £3799, "brochure fare" is £4439

5th-21st May (16 nights) Mediterranean Adventure:

Current online price for the same grade of cabin is £5860, "brochure fare" is a whopping £6849.

OK, Mediterranean Adventure is 1 night longer, but why is there such a HUGE difference in price?

Not surprisingly, I've gone for the cheaper option!

Because you can actually enjoy sightseeing in May without roasting your brain on the asphalt?

Hmmm, I'd thought of that one.

I think spending £1000+ extra in May would make me more hot under the collar than a touch of July "scorchio!"

Anyways, I can always relax on deck with a glass of fizz if it all gets a bit much......:rolleyes:

2nd-17th July (15 nights) Mediterranean Splendour:

Current online price for a P1 cabin is £3799, "brochure fare" is £4439

5th-21st May (16 nights) Mediterranean Adventure:

Current online price for the same grade of cabin is £5860, "brochure fare" is a whopping £6849.

OK, Mediterranean Adventure is 1 night longer, but why is there such a HUGE difference in price?

Not surprisingly, I've gone for the cheaper option!

Im glad i booked the May trip onboard the day they announced the sale of "QE2" :D

Gav :cool: .

Im glad i booked the May trip onboard the day they announced the sale of "QE2" :D

Gav :cool: .

I bet you are!

My parents booked the Autumn Colours cruise a few weeks before the sale was announced - a CA cabin each. They're both feeling rather smug about the whole thing as the prices have gone crazy!

Anyway, hope you have a great time in May.

Cheers.

Tim.

I bet you are!

My parents booked the Autumn Colours cruise a few weeks before the sale was announced - a CA cabin each. They're both feeling rather smug about the whole thing as the prices have gone crazy!

Anyway, hope you have a great time in May.

Cheers.

Tim.

Thanks Tim, hope you have a great time in July :D

Gav :cool:

I bet you are!

I was booked on the original cruises that have now been changed onto the Round UK and westbound crossing, and l still pinch myself and what rate lm finally paying and with $300 on board credit on each cruise lm quite happy, also managed to have a priority booking on the homeward cossing as well. Cunard knocked off the air credit on both the crossings. So it would appear that l have a very good deal;) . One think lv learnt is never discuss just how much your paying as somebody will have always paid less.

My only hope is that the upgrade fairy might just give me a shove from behind:)

Cheers

Myles

I managed to book myself an MI cabin (not M1) on the Autumn Colours cruise about 1 hour after the sale of the QE2 was announced. They had not put their prices up yet, so I am extremely happy about the price, but obviously saddened that that will be my last ever cruise on the QE2.

If Cunard don't change their single supplement policy for the QM2 etc, it could very well by my last ever cruise with Cunard. I am all set to cut up my Diamond card and post it back to Cunard telling them where they can 'stick it'!

By the way - what's all this about an 'upgrade fairy'. In all my 16 previous voyages with Cunard (and 2 to go), never once has she visited me. I am beginning to believe that she is fictional and mythical. Of course I could be persuaded otherwise ... Cunard are you listening??!!

Regards

Mark O in London waiting for 17/7/08 and 10/9/08.

Myles, is it you who has never been upgraded? I know it's one of the regulars, and it seems rather unfair.

Here's hoping your fairy materialises.

Mary

Yes Mary lm one of the regulars who has never been touched by the fairy. However a friend of mine has sailed over 40 times with Cunard and have yet to recieve an upgrade, so l do consider my lucky in that sence!!

Im really only after the larger size cabin, and have no wish to dine in the other restaurants, crazy l know!!

There have been of course times when unoffical cabin changes have been granted, but again lv always been able to dine in Mauretania even with a Grill cabin, its handy for the cabin parties, and in the early days some the crew would pop along, but times have changed since then:(

Of course lm very happy with the perks Iv received over the years, so probably l shouldnt complain.

Cruiseqe2, perhaps fate might shine upon us on our last trip!!!

Cheers

Myles

Pricing - gouging more like.

We just enquired about a third in our cabin so that our daughter could enjoy the QE2 one last time.

Cunard want to charge us £200 more than we have each paid to occupy on a twin basis - makes you want to come back for more once QE2 is gone doesn't it?

Archived