xcaret with 18 mo. old?

ZENmama

We went to Xcaret from a land-based vacation at Cancun and enjoyed ourselves very much--but we were three adults, no kids. I think it would be a long trip from Cozumel for the time you would have at Xcaret. We were there from about 10 until 10 at night and didn't see it all.

You also have to take the ferry to the mainland and back and then I presume a bus to Xcaret. I think all of this might be kind of difficult, and a long day, with a toddler. You'd definitely need a stroller. There are places he could run and play and a beach area. Since I didn't have a young child along I'm afraid I didn't notice what else is available for kids.

If it were me, I'd want to do something simpler and easier with an 18-month-old, but only you know your child and what his temperment is. (Also, the ferry ride can be rocky; one of the few places I've ever felt seasick.)

Xcaret is a BLAST! We went about 5 years ago for a week long stay and stayed at their resort. It was before we had children and now we cannot wait to take them there ... Lot's of animals and fun things to see. I think any toddler would love it. Enjoy!

We go to Cancun or Playa del Carmen every year (land based) for a week. We have done Xcaret 4 times, twice without our kids, twice with them. The first time our son went he was 13 months and our daughter was 7. The second time he was 3 and our daughter was 9. Both times they had a great time, but very different experiences!!!!! It's a LONG day and you will ALL be exhausted!! Don't expect to see everything, but it's not something you should miss and at 18 months your child will have a ball:)

I agree that you can have a lot of fun with your toddler at Xcaret. I was just concerned about the length of the excursion; Since you said you wanted to go from Cozumel, I assume that you are on a cruise.

It would depend on how long your ship is in port, of course, but I think with the time it takes to get to the mainland and then to the park and back, you might not have very long there, and a lot of travel time for your child, which can be difficult at that age.

Maybe someone who has gone to Xcaret on a cruise from Cozumel can help you out with travel time and how long they got to actually spend at Xcaret.

We don't usually do the ship's tours, but in this case, I think I'd want to because of the time involved.

Archived