Icys adventure part 2

icemaiden2310

After laying on my bunk, looking in all the draws and cupboards, trying out bathroom dragged mates up to lunch .Ate heaps then out to get the traditional sail away cocktail glass with cocktail. I wanted pink but had to settle for yellow. There is just something unappealing about a drink in a yellow glass, makes everything look yellow…Anyway shut my eyes and skulled it .Decide to take a walk around deck an have a look to see if I could recognise any cc’ers ashore. To be honest from that distance I wouldn’t recognise my own mother so went down to se if my bag had been delivered to my cabin. It was there I couldn’t believe it so start to unpack when I realise that the small padlock I had securing my luggage had been removed! No sticker or tag on my bag just the padlock that I paid 7 bucks for missing. Maybe it was the hairdryer that’s the only thing I can think of that looks anything like a sub machine gun or flame thrower. But they let me have it and never heard anything more.

Then mobile rings its Anthony - All the cc crowd are down waving at me but imp not there yet so I say ill be 2 minutes .Wave my cc hat like mad ad with mobile connection establish the correct ice maiden although I can see why the mistake was made .Much waving and waiting more waving and all Anthony’s phone credit and we are finally away! Was chatting to a lady next to me while waiting and it turned out to be sandy220376 mum who was on the cruise with her never did catch up with u sandy but I met ur mum.

Decide on unpacking so I know where everything is then up for drinks. We have 8pm dinner which I was pleased with means u don’t have to rush and there are not many small beings there We are booked on a table of 8 so are very surprised when we are seated at table 36 which has 11 people including us 3.Eduardo Maitre D is having kittens because someone has tried to enter his domain with the forbidden thongs on until the gentleman demands his luggage immediately so he can change his footwear. Eduardo decides it is easier for him to let him in then it would be to go try to locate his luggage. Back to our table table 36 is backing against the railing on front right hand side of dining room.Our 3 seats were on the far side backing onto the railing. Three people had to vacate their chair for us to get in one nice man let me sit on his lap only for a second though.11 to a table makes service very difficult .Because I got the lucky seat , all my food, cutlery ,coffee etc had to go thru 3 sets of hands before I got to touch it. The waiter literally threw my serviette and it landed on my lap ( great shot by the way)The food tonight wasn’t good maybe they were in a bit of a rush. We decided to eat at the steakhouse the next night.

First sea day was weather perfect, Sunshine ,music cocktails. Laid out on deck read book sip midori splice after several forget book just sip. We decide to have a spa so wander down hmm already 3 people in so we decide to get in anyway .Chat for a while with very nice couple and 1 other for a while my travel mate begins to tell them that he loves the spa as it will get all the cowpoo out from under his toenails as they don’t have much water where he comes from (he is a farmer from wayyyy out bush)Not long after that we have the spa to ourselves. Word must travel fast cause whenever we got in everyone else got out?

All of a sudden it seemed that the ship seemed to be very high at one end and very low the other. People started to throw up in the elevator, outside the dining room in front of the piano bar seemed to be a favourite spot for the guys in white suits with yellow hazard tape to congregate. I felt very sorry for the man in the cabin 2 doors away I could hear him shouting roof all thru the night. Four of us were outside his door later that night making bets on how many times in the next 15 minutes he would shout roof. We soon lost interest when he realised someone was outside his door and thought it was the cabin boy and asked for more towels. Fast exit. Sometimes u just have to make your own fun.

Second sea day the captain announces that it is going to get much worse as the cyclone has left behind 3 to 5 metre swells. Also we would be late getting to Noumea so all tours were cancelled so the pool is emptied as they got tired of mopping up all the water. Luckily I don’t get seasick but ill have to say it certainly makes the breakfast and lunch queue easier to bear. Although u did have to hold onto you plate as it often slid to the other side of the table.

One of our original 11 tablemates rushes over to say that it wasn’t the company that made them not turn up to dinner last night as they think we are lovely people and would very much have liked to stay at the table but thought 11 was just too many. We said no need to apologise as we didn’t turn up either. Anyway that night we had 7 till a late arrival of a couple who hated their tablemates in Bordeaux and ended up with us.

More soon

Hilarious Jen, and you are right - sometimes you do have to make your own fun!! Keep it coming!!! Pics would be good too!!:p

Yes pics please ........... but not the ones with cabin guy calling out for Roof :D

Ian

Chat for a while with very nice couple and 1 other for a while my travel mate begins to tell them that he loves the spa as it will get all the cowpoo out from under his toenails as they don’t have much water where he comes from (he is a farmer from wayyyy out bush)Not long after that we have the spa to ourselves. Word must travel fast cause whenever we got in everyone else got out?

I felt very sorry for the man in the cabin 2 doors away I could hear him shouting roof all thru the night. Four of us were outside his door later that night making bets on how many times in the next 15 minutes he would shout roof.

A laugh a minute Jen, and it has taken me more than 10mins for both installments so far.

The spa example worked well in Horizon Court. A little fake ahem cough was enough to clear a space in front of the troughs too.

Am amazed. We thought we were sailing next door to a bloke and his mate Ralph. Heard him calling for Ralph on the balcony on the rough night, thinking he had spotted a whale or something. I guess Ralph may have well been on the Roof though.

Installment 3 and pics please. I agree with Ian too - No carrots.

A laugh a minute Jen, and it has taken me . We thought we were sailing next door to a bloke and his mate Ralph. Heard him calling for Ralph on the balcony on the rough night, thinking hmore than 10mins for both installments so far.

The spa example worked well in Horizon Court. A little fake ahem cough was enough to clear a space in front of the troughs too.

Am amazede had spotted a whale or something. I guess Ralph may have well been on the Roof though.

Installment 3 and pics please. I agree with Ian too - No carrots.

did you ever finish your review geoff!!!!!:D :D

Archived