Can you drink the water on Quest?

IowaCruisers

I've heard conflicting reports on whether the water on the Quest is drinkable. I'm talking about the water from the faucet in the stateroom bathrooms, for instance.

We're not water snobs by any means, and drink from the faucet at home and most places. However, I remember a report from someone who stated there was a sign to NOT drink from the sink. What's the final answer?

Brenda

I certainly did with no ill effects. Usually, I just drank from the pitcher in the room ( that's were the glasses were) but I would certainly assume that that was not "bottled" water. The ship did supply a free bottle of Evian in the stateroom, I don't think that we even bothered to open it.

Had no problems with the water.

I've heard conflicting reports on whether the water on the Quest is drinkable. I'm talking about the water from the faucet in the stateroom bathrooms, for instance.

We're not water snobs by any means, and drink from the faucet at home and most places. However, I remember a report from someone who stated there was a sign to NOT drink from the sink. What's the final answer?

Brenda

I drink only bottled water (not the expensive stuff) at home in Colorado because I don't like the after taste from the faucet water. I had no problems drinking the water on Quest (though it was much better when cold). We did not open the Avian bottle, either. But I will admit to having gone on board with a few gallons of bottled water in a duffle :) for carrying around, and on shore excursions.

There is a thermal carafe in your room that is filled three times a day fy the butler or cabin steward, along with a budket of fresh ice. We drank that. Also, the initial bottle of Evian (a large one) in your room is complimentary, and we had two small bottles we'd purchased for an early shore excursion. We just filled them from the large bottle or the thermal carafe to take ashore with us. Worked well.

Unlike some of the larger ships, I don't believe Quest or Journey distill their own drinking water. We saw them filling the water reservoir with a large hose in Bermuda. So it depends on where you are when they refill the water supply as to what it tastes like. (Bermuda water tastes a bit sulphurous if you ask me! But I lived to tell the tale.)

There was no sign in our bathroom advising us not to drink the water, and I expect that is where our steward refilled our carafe.

Lisa

Don't really know where they filled the Carafe from, but the water was really OK,but as we ended up with multiple partial bottles of water from tours that supplied them, we started using that to take pills etc. We did have to empty our fridge of booze etc. to put our water in to keep it cold,for tours (it was hot) then after they kept giving us more bottles (if it was warm the'd give NEW cold ones so they added up, being frugal we kept all those partials (At 3$ for ships bottle of water it paid)

Wow.

On our first cruise they gave us bottles, then asked for the keycard, we gave them back.

Ashore the tender dock had free cold water and jungle juice. We fille dup there instead.

X charged for water too!

Azamara Didn't give us any more free water either, but the private tours DID, Were supposed to give one but as it was a long trip, those bottles got warm, so they supplied another, had 4 bottles in our carryon before we got back to the ship, each over half full. I do believe that the Azamara tours also supplied free water, small bottles. Yes that juice or water upon return was VERY nice, AND I recall they had a very nice layout of water, coffee, juice and pastries upon boarding in Miami in the terminal. We did feel welcomed every time we went aboard. Until I got to the check in, when the lady security officer and I would get very "personal", as I have a knee replacement, and would get the "airport routine" each and every time I boarded the ship, pat down and all. Good to know they're looking out for your safety...It got to be a joke between us, she'd see me coming and I'd put up my arms!:D

Archived