Soda Cards vs. Soda Cans/Fountain Soda

LuvMyVette

[i][font=Georgia][color=black]Hi:[/color][/font][/i]

[i][font=Georgia][color=black]My DH/I are going on a cruise very soon and we are looking into purchasing a soda card. We did this last year on our cruise but it seems like the price has gone up considerably.[/color][/font][/i]

[i][font=Georgia][color=black]As of now, I'm reading that the adult soda card is $6 per day. Does anyone know how much it is to purchase a can of soda as well as a fountain soda separately? Just curious to see the difference in price and if it's worth it to purchase the soda card for us.[/color][/font][/i]

[i][font=Georgia][color=black]Thanks for your help.[/color][/font][/i]

We returned from Explorer in early august. Loved it. IF you get the soda card you will have to drink around 5 sodas PER day for an adult and about 3 sodas for a child per day. Also something to think about, If you do any shore excersions and don't drink any sodas that day you will have to drink those PLUS the ones for that day just to break even. Just something to think about.

I agree with Clyde1818. I think most people will lose money with this program; it's a huge money-maker for the company -- that's why they push it so aggressively. On my last cruise I bought a total of THREE Diet Cokes, so the soda card would've definitely been a bad deal for me. I suggest bringing a few for the room and using the buy-as-you-go plan.

The taste of the fountain soda isn't always that great either - had a couple on the Mariner which I just returned from. We usually take a couple of 12 packs on with us in a tote bag and it lasts almost all week - then we buy a couple bottles or cans onboard in the lounge or by the pool. I really don't think the drink card is worth the price!

I bought the soda card on our first cruise, and like the above cruisers stated, it was a waste of money. Even though I tend to drink a lot of soda at home, I was just too busy to drink that much onboard...plus I substituted a lot with the foo foo drinks!!! On our second cruise I think I ended up only having about 2 or 3 glasses of soda for the whole week.

First cruise we bought the card because I usually drink a lot of soda. The taste was off so much I didn't use it that much. Last trip I just paid per can and it worked out better. It cost a little less and the flavor of the soda was correct. At dinner I just drank iced tea or water and did fine.

Archived