What to do in La Paz?

Sangela

OK, going to La Paz for the first time in April. We've been to Cabo, and already pretty much planned what we're going to do in Mazatlan, (thanks to all you CC'ers that gave such awesome info on Stone Island, Victors and Randi's Happy Horses), but I"m at a loss as to what to do in La Paz.

Seems like there's shopping, snorkling, kayaking, diving and some absolutely gorgeous beaches. Anyone been to La Paz? Would love some recommendations of things to do and see.

We're not into ship excursions, and like to explore on our own. Hubby is fluent in Spanish, so language is not a barrier for us, and since we're in port til 10pm, we will have time to do a few different things, if the fancy strikes us.

Any suggestions most appreciated! :)

Never been to La Paz- but will be there with you in April. As far as Mazatlan you can't go wrong with Randi! The horseback riding was so fun and Victors was a BLAST! we are for sure going back for the garlic shrimp YUM! and way too many pacificos!! I will be checking back to see if you get any info.

Well, based on what I read here, Victor's seems to be the place to eat (and drink). I already booked with Randi, so I"m set there, with transportation for both of us to Stone Island and riding for me. Hub will hang out at Victor's and maybe rent an ATV for an hour or two, while I ride, so it's a win-win for both of us. :D

I'm figuring we'll just explore while we're in La Paz and decide what to do when we get there as we have all day and most of the evening to wander around and see what we feel like doing. No stress, no muss, no fuss, life will be good whatever we decide to do. :)

However, if anyone has been to La Paz, would love more info about the area. Googled La Paz and it seems like it's pretty laid back, and great for snorkling fishing and such. We're not big shoppers, so that's not extremely important to us, though we do enjoy browsing around in the markets and people watching is always fun, too.

I was in La Paz last December. It is a totally different experience than Cabo, much mellower and low key. There are some really terrific beaches north of town. The town itself is cute with some very interesting shops. We had some really terrific serviche and fish tacos at an out door restaurant accross the street from the Malecon, the local boardwalk. There is an ice cream store, I forgot the name, that is first rate. A really nice city, very mellow and really relaxing. Also, I saw one of the most magnificent sunsets that I ever saw. And from what others have told me, La Paz is noted for these sunsets.

Archived