Is Chankanaab WC accessable?

Deaf Dude

Has anyone in a WC been to Chankanaab Park in Cozumel, Mexico? are there paved walkways or is it all sand? the website mentions that they have beach wheelchairs but we have never used one of those before. are they easy to push in the sand??? any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

It's been several years (Oct. 2004) since I was at Chankanaab with my mom. She is a wheelchair user. At the time, there were several paths that were paved around the lagoon and "ruins" areas. I think there was also a path to the dolphin tank. They didn't have beach wheelchairs when we were there. The beach chairs can be difficult to push because of the size of the wheels. Also the wheels usually do not have a ring to allow the user to push him/her self.

Has anyone in a WC been to Chankanaab Park in Cozumel, Mexico? are there paved walkways or is it all sand? the website mentions that they have beach wheelchairs but we have never used one of those before. are they easy to push in the sand??? any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

We/ve been to Chankanaab several times, before and after the hurricain, my DH is in a wheelchair, everything is accessible except the beach. Last year when we were there he could go on the deck to the swimming pool area and watch the Dolphins swim, plus the shops are all accessible. The paths around the ruins are accessible but some areas were a little bumpy.

Also in Cozumel you can request a cab with a lift when you go to the cab stands, they have always been very helpful and they keep their promises to pick you up on time. Also at Chankaab the handicap get in free.

Have fun.

Archived