Water temp for snorkeling early March?

rjscott

Will be on the 3/6/08 sailing of the Ryndam, and would like to snorkel at La Paz, Loreto and Cabo. We have our own equipment, with the exception of wetsuits. I am concerned that the water will be uncomfortably cold at those ports. Can anyone advise?

Also, I've read that the water taxis to Lover's Beach drop passengers off in the water near the beach and that it is difficult to get back in the boat for the return trip. Can anyone provide more info on this?

TIA,

Becki

Water temps will be very cold in Cabo. It starts to cool off in Nov and does not get warm again until late summer. We were there the first week of May last year and the water was freezing! I am not planning on swimming in the water this May when we are there for 10 days. I will stick to the pools.

Yes the water taxis will let you off and then you get back on in 1-2 feet of water. Sometimes the waves are really rough out there and it is difficult to get off and back on when the small boat is bouncing up and down. Be very careful if it is very rough as many people have gotten hurt from the boats crashing down on them. Get off when the boat goes down, not up- same for getting back on. There will locals there to help you on and off but know that they will be expecting a tip so if you do not need assistance, don't let them touch you.

We go to Lover's Beach many times a year and have not had issues- you may want to go in the am when it is not as busy!

Archived