Amsterdam w/Amadeus

bbuchanan

Booked Amsterdam to Paris. Have not been to Amsterdam in 40 years and suspect it's changed. Are the Anne Frank Museum and Rijksmuseum within walking distance of the location of the river boat moorage. Thanks.

We were in Amsterdam in 1999, spent two nights there, and boarded a riverboat there for a trip to Basel. Our hotel was close to the Anne Frank Museum, which is on a canal in about the middle of the central city, the canal portion. My memory is that the Rijksmnseum is on the edge of the canal area. I recall, however that some canal boats are "hop on-hop off" and that stops are at both these locations. Look at a Google map to get the distance.

How does a riverboat get from Amsterdam to Paris?

Bob :rolleyes:

What is the easiest way to get to Schipol from where the river boats dock? There will be 3 couples + luggage.

Taxi is the easiest and best way, but not all taxis will be bigh enough to carry that many passengers with luggage.

Have a look at this site, you make reservations. When in doubt, send them an e-mail before with your questions.

http://www.schipholservice.biz/indexeng.html

http://www.schiphol.com/_van_naar_schiphol/portlet/STT_boeken.jsp;jsessionid=HwTGvvgnvMHGQGQK34R2TzG9J!159172140!1202770694748?PORTLET%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198674611443&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395729235&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302572196&VIRTUAL_TEMPLATE%3C%3Evt_id=10134198674611415&bmUID=1202751104929

This is the link for Schiphol Travel Taxi. They have vans that would be able to carry all of you. We used them last summer after our river cruise and they were great.I hope the link works. If not just do a search for Schiphol Travel Taxi. I found them opn tripadvisor and they had very good reviews.

Did you pre-pay at time of booking or pay driver in cash [which we'de prefer]? Did you book via internet or directly? The web-site seems easy to use but I do not know what zip code to use for a quote. Their site says that bookings not paid 22 hrs. before scheduled pick-up time will be "cancelled", so I'm assuming that I will not have the option of paying driver at time of service:confused: .

Thanks for the link.

http://www.vvvamsterdam.nl/

Ann Frank house is walkable, since ships dock either east or west of Centraal Station. Also easy (maybe better) to do by public transport.

Rijksmuseum and van Goghmuseum are too far out, you need to take a tram.

Thanks for your time, Ine! I look forward to my return to your country. One of the most beautiful paintings in the world is housed in the Rijksmuseum, The Night Watch. I would suspect it's now behind glass as so many of the great works of art are due to vandalism. I feel most fortunate to have seen them before.

Thanks for your time, Ine! I look forward to my return to your country. One of the most beautiful paintings in the world is housed in the Rijksmuseum, The Night Watch. I would suspect it's now behind glass as so many of the great works of art are due to vandalism. I feel most fortunate to have seen them before.

No as far as I know it is not behind glass, even after it was damaged a few years ago.

Rijksmuseum itself is undergoing a renovation too. But all the "Masters" are together in one of the wings. Easy way to visit the museum since you donot need to walk that far and need less time for it.

Enjoy!

Archived