FLL/MIA port help please...

Ohdaisy

Am I correct in that there are 2 different ports here... FLL port and MIA port? Carnival Victory sails out of the Port of Miami, correct?

We are flying into FLL and cruising from the MIA port, where is the best place to stay? What is the best mode of transportation from the airport/hotel and hotel/ port?

I know I have read many posts here on this subject but I am totally confused as to where everyone is sailing out of.

TIA!

Victory does sail out of Miami (amongst other places) and does not appear to sail from FLL according to their web iste:

http://www.carnival.com/Ship_Detail.aspx?shipCode=VI

Yes, it is confusing given they are so close. I had to double check myself after booking hotel near MIA airport.

BTW...if you have GoogleEarth and check the Miami port at Dodge Is. there was a Carnival ship docked there at the time the photo was taken. Not sure which one.

Not sure about the transport but as long as you are already flying in to FLL it would seem you have the option to select a hotel near either city based on least cost or best amenities. Personally I would rather stay closer to the port being used to reduce chance of traffic related delay on embarkation day. We sail from MIA and are staying at a Sheraton near the airport. Taxi from there to port ought to be about $26 or SuperShuttle is $11/pp.

if you are flying into fll and want to stay in miami you can go to the fort lauderdale airport website and look at the ground transportation. . I believe you can book the super shuttle or something similar roundtrip to get you to your hotel if you are staying in miami and then they will pick you up at the port and take you to the airport. . . hope that helps. and most hotels you can get a taxi or shuttle to the port of miami for around $10 per person. . we are staying at the hampton inn and suites blue lagoon near the miami airport. there are lots of decent hotels by the airport and also FLL.. just depends on how close you want to be to the port for your ride the next morning if you are coming in the night before.

We're flying into FLL in October and have booked a room at this hotel. They have a pkg for cruisers that incl pick-up @ the airport and drop off at POM.

I found the discount code on CC, but since I'm not on my home computer I don't have it. If you call the hotel they'll give you a rate, but theirs was a bit higher then the website, with the code. This is not a pay in advance, so you can cancel 24 hrs before arrival.

Since we're coming from CO, there's no early/non-stop flights into MIA. The flight to FLL is cheaper and even though the room is $10-$20 more, it's all going to balance.

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise port

2275 SR 84

Marina Mile Rd

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 US

Phone: 954-584-4000

We're flying into FLL in October and have booked a room at this hotel. They have a pkg for cruisers that incl pick-up @ the airport and drop off at POM.

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise port

2275 SR 84

Marina Mile Rd

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 US

Phone: 954-584-4000

You'd better check this again :confused: ! I've never heard of a hotel that will shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale to the Port of Miami. They probably do shuttle to the Ft. Lauderdale port.

Better safe than sorry :) !

Thanks all for the reply. I was getting so confused which hotels were where and what not. With the 2 different port and airports it sure does make it all the more confusing!

Yikes, I was considering the Ramada! I'd really like to have the shuttle to/from and so forth but I want to be near the POM. Afc, did you call yet?

Again, thank you much! I will post what and where I decide to go with and if I can find a good deal.

Daisy - We always fly into FLL as it is so much cheaper than MIA. It is about a 45 minute or so ride from FLL to Miami. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Miami - right across from the pier and the Bayside Marketplace. Rate was very good:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/miabb?&cm_mmc=mdpr-_-GoogleMaps-_-hi-_-miabb

This hotel does not provide transportation to the pier. But after researching it seems all we need to do is go outside the hotel after checkout and there are many taxis waiting - about $6pp.

As for transportation, we will be 5 of us so we didn't want to do a share ride. We arranged transportation from the airport to the hotel from:

http://*****/ Got a price quote of $60!

For the return trip, we really wanted to do the everglades and book a late flight (6:45pm). Carnival only offers the everglade excursion with people flying in and out of Miami. So I contacted a private guide to pick us up at the port of Miami and bring us to the Everglades, then onto the airport - FLL. Their website is:

http://www.acetoursandtransportation.com/

I haven't used either carrier yet, but I did a lot of research on these boards and they seem to be reputable companies. I'll do a review when we return.

Bottom line is research, research....Then book and relax and sit here like I am now playing my cruise music mix!:D

We just reserved the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay for the night of the 26th this morning. One less thing to worry about!

Elaine, thank you for all the info. You got a GREAT price on transportation! I am going to check into them for us. We are a family of 5 as well. If we can get that rate that would be awesome!

Our flight leaves FLL @ 11:55am so now I am getting nervous about making it in time! The later flight would have cost us about $500 dollar more. Carnival's site says no earlier than noon so I am thinking this will be ok.

Thanks all for the reply. I was getting so confused which hotels were where and what not. With the 2 different port and airports it sure does make it all the more confusing!

Yikes, I was considering the Ramada! I'd really like to have the shuttle to/from and so forth but I want to be near the POM. Afc, did you call yet?

Again, thank you much! I will post what and where I decide to go with and if I can find a good deal.

My reservation acknowledges POM as the drop off. If you go to "advanced search" and use promo code "LPCP". You can also enter any other applicable rate discounts. My room for 2, with taxes = $128.00.

Good Luck.

My reservation acknowledges POM as the drop off. If you go to "advanced search" and use promo code "LPCP". You can also enter any other applicable rate discounts. My room for 2, with taxes = $128.00.

Good Luck.

afc, did you call them? I called and they told me it is $15 pp shuttle to POM on top of the room rate...

Please let me know what you find out.

Edit... Ok, here is what I found using your code....

Port Of Miami Cruise Package

Port Of Miami Cruise Package Pick Up Frm Arpt And Port Comp Hot Brkfst Free Shuttle Back To Arpt And Port

Available with these rooms:

2 Double Beds Room Port Of Miami Cruise Package Rate

Nonsmoking Room With 2 Double Beds/ Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet/ Coffeemaker/Hairdryer/Safe

Per Room/Night

Sat. 04/26/08 USD 165.99

1 night (1 Room): USD 165.99

Taxes: USD 18.26

* Total: USD 184.25

Daisy - The 11:55 will be tight - we had a flight at that time once and just about made it. They opened a security line just for the people on that flight to rush them through and get on the plane. We took the Carnival transportation to FLL and that was the problem. They wait until they fill a bus, then send it off. We just missed one bus, and since we were the 1st on the next bus we had to wait quite a while for it to fill. So I would recommend private transportation back to the airport too.

That is what I had thought Elaine. I called SunandMoon and he quote me $75.00. I wonder what the difference is? Even still, not a bad, bad price, but still close to the price of a taxi. I may call back tomorrow or Monday and see. I have a head cold today and it was difficult to understand what the man was saying due to my plugged ears lol.

The guy I spoke to had an accent which was a little difficult to understand. Did your price include tax/gratuity? Now I wonder if mine did! Still a good price - the share ride from the airport to Miami is $18 pp and they make a lot of stops.

afc, did you call them? I called and they told me it is $15 pp shuttle to POM on top of the room rate...

Please let me know what you find out.

Edit... Ok, here is what I found using your code....

Ohdaisy,

I just got off the phone with Ramada and asked them to pull up my reservation. I asked them directly if there were any other fees for the transfer and the answer was "no, it's all included".

My trip is scheduled for October, which is probably why there's a big difference in price:mad:

I'm sure where ever you stay, it'll be fine. Have a great cruise:)

Annette

Daisy, you've done a great job so far. Ask for a room high up and with a view of the port, so your kids can wake up and see their ship.

Thank you Signman :)

Elaine... if you are still out here... I found a guy named John who quoted me $65 for a towncar and $90 for a SUV, one way, all inclusive. He replied to my email within a couple hours. I also spoke with him on the phone. He is quite friendly and appears to be very reliable. I decided to go with him on our trip home. If you would like, check him out @ Johnscarservice.com.

Archived