Questions about the Triumph

chukeee

We were booked on the Splendor for next Jan. and just switched to the Triumph because the Splendor is sold out and we could not get the rest of our group on. Plus, the Triumph had the itenerary we wanted. I know this is an older ship. What can you tell me about it. We have been on the Pride and LOVED it. Also, just got backed from the Miracle and loved it too! I would just love to hear everyone's opinion on the triumph. Thanks:)

I did the Triumph for my first and then 2 Miracles......I love the Spirit class.

The main differences you will find:

1)No supper club on the Triumph

2)main decks on the Triumph split up because of the mid dining room and galley (not as easy to learn as the Spirit class......you have to go up/down to get around)

3)Stadium tier lido deck lounging on the Triumph

4)probably a bit more active nightlife on the Triumph

5)Triumph balcony dividers open to the bulkhead blocking access from some cabins if the divider is opened........dividers to the rail on the spirit class balcony.

6)Slide in a more active location

Triumph Tier Lounging w/slide

p><p>I

It's all good!!!

My wife and I just got off the Triumph sat. 02/02/08. We did the Freedom- Triumph back to back, as we did the Bloggers Cruise. I would say if you ever do a back to back on different ships, do the older one first! We really enjoyed the Triumph, and booked it for it's itinerary. We also cruised her in 2004. Anyway the employees are a little more laid back on the older ships, it seems that Carnival puts it's best crews on their newest ships. I could see that it had aged since our last voyage in her, it is 11 years old, but I think it was primarilly because we just got off the new ship Freedom. The food was great, so were the employees and the ship ran smooth and flawlessly during our 2 days of bad weather. I would do her again, but the big screen TV on the deck of the newer, cleaner, larger ships take away from the older ones a little.

Thanks so much for the info about the Triumph. I think we will like her!:D

The sewer smell is the only thing that concerns me but if she is being dry-docked before we go that may be taken care of. We are not ones to sweat the small stuff and have a good time wherever we are. By the way chitown, I hung on your every post before our trip last month on the Miracle. Great posts, website, info etc. Posts like yours are of great help to newer cruisers like myself. We have only done two cruises and I mostly just read posts on here because of some negative, ignorant posters. But, there are also a great number of kind helpful people with a wealth of knowledge. I can't imagine going on a first time cruise without learning everything you can from these boards. Thanks

I was on the Triumph last year and it was awesome...of course it was my first cruise..so..

Anyway my cabin was all the way to the front of the ship..and there was a sewer smell. But the smell was only outside the cabin, as soon as you went in, there was no smell. Who cares if there is a smell for the 2 seconds you are walking down the hall??

The smell was only way forward..as you started walking towards the middle of the ship it was gone. I wouldn't even think for a second about that being a negative about this boat/cruise. The only bad thing I can say about the cruise I went on is that the 7 days went by too fast ;)

We were on the Triumph in February of 2007. This was our second cruise. We loved it. Of course, we love cruising now and are hooked on it. The Triumph is big but take time the first day to find your way around and you will be fine. We never had any kind of smell at all. We found great personnel, great food and had a great time. You will enjoy it if you want to enjoy it. Don't go into it with any negatives you hear. These are opinions just as mine is. You will get out of it what you put into it. If you go looking for things that may be wrong, you will definately find them on any ship. Just go and have a good time, don't sweat the small stuff:D

Thanks. Oh I will have a good time! I have a good time what ever I do and to H**L with the grumps of the world. Life is good and if laughter is a measure of longevity I should live to be about , um forever!!!:D Just can't understand people who spend megabucks to go on vacation and complain if someone doesn't smile at them. Maybe, just maybe, if they smiled first.............:rolleyes:

we just got off the triumph 02/02/08-02/09/08 first cruise for our family (me hubby & 2 teens) The ship is great. we actualy were laughing thinking omg what where some of the cc'rs complaining about. If you are easy going like us you will have a fantastic time!

would love to hear a review if you have time. we sail on her in 30 days!! can't wait! :D

We came off the Triumph a couple of weeks ago, had a great time.

I think when the age of the ship is considered and the amount of people that use it every week, I would say it isn;t in bad condition overall. The Rio Lounge smells of something odd and the Theatre seats and armrests are very tatty, but that's about it on the negative side.

would love to hear a review if you have time. we sail on her in 30 days!! can't wait! :D

I wouldn't be able to write a great detailed review like everyone else on here but i will answer some of the most common questions.

- yes you can take liquor in your luggage

-99% were dressed in formal attire on formal night

-we had 8:00 seating in the paris dinning room, before the doors open the people gathered around to be let in..as far as dinning room attire anything went. I wore a skirt & capris every night & hubby wore dress/casual pants & collered shirt. however i saw lots of people with shorts & sandals. and SOCKS with SANDALS ewwww

-LMAO the balconies are NOT private...my male neighbour liked to come out on the balcony early naked every morning I got a great show...

-Dont have to go to shore talks, always played on tv

-pursers desk gives away free unopened playing cards

-highly recommend godfreys tours in st thomas (see ports of call review)

-could smell the sewer smell in hallways when they were cleaning rooms.

-fit 4 perfectly in balcony room (8277) me hubby son 17 & daughter 14

any thing else just ask... i will be happy to answer any questions

My wife and I were on the Triumph in Jan ,We loved her. We did smell a sewer smell a few times but not for long and always in a hallway. The staff is wonderful. I agree with the poster about Godfrey, He is Great and very informative just be sure to be clear with him anbout what time you will meet him. We posted a review in the member reviews but if you have any questions that doesnt answer feel free to ask .

Archived