Aft BA's on the Gem

Smellytoes

We just got off the Pearl 2/3/08 sailing. Our cabin was an aft BA; it had a couch and a pullman upper they could lower from the ceiling. The cabin space would be tight for 4, but the balcony is absolutely awesome! It was huge, with 2 loungers, two chairs and a table. We spent a lot of time looking down at the wake which we were directly over.

If you can get cabin 10068 (ours) or 10668, you will enjoy the extra deep balcony. We heard no noise; it was wonderful.

Have fun; we loved the Pearl.:o

We just got off the Pearl 2/3/08 sailing. Our cabin was an aft BA; it had a couch and a pullman upper they could lower from the ceiling. The cabin space would be tight for 4, but the balcony is absolutely awesome! It was huge, with 2 loungers, two chairs and a table. We spent a lot of time looking down at the wake which we were directly over.

If you can get cabin 10068 (ours) or 10668, you will enjoy the extra deep balcony. We heard no noise; it was wonderful.

Have fun; we loved the Pearl.:o

I can't wait for my aft BA on the Gem. I've had an aft BA on the Dawn twice and I loved it.

The only bad things about the 10th floor Aft BA is that the overhang from the deck above doesn't cover the entire balcony. When they wash down the floor above you or when it rains half of your balcony gets wet. Also in 10068 if its a bit wavy then the door will slide open and closed.

The only bad things about the 10th floor Aft BA is that the overhang from the deck above doesn't cover the entire balcony. When they wash down the floor above you or when it rains half of your balcony gets wet. Also in 10068 if its a bit wavy then the door will slide open and closed.

Glad I have 10668:eek:!

I think the Pearl's aft BA cabins on deck 10 are numbered 10168 and 10668. At least that is the way my computer shows it. 10068 is midship on the starboard side. Am I reading your cabin numbers right?

I was going to say that but maybe the numbers are different according to each ship:confused:

Sorry, how could I post the wrong # for our beautiful cabin. We are so spoiled, that's all we would like now. The entire cruise was wonderful, but the balcony was really the kicker !

I must have gotten excited when I saw that aft 10 post and typed it wrong. I'm one of those "Boomers" that Mugglewump Fizzlebottom wrote about in his Pearl 2/3 review. Well, almost in that age group, but we didn't experience anything like the rudeness, etc. except the normal hussle and bussle of buffett dining.

I didn't want to get in the fray, but my DH and I really liked the variety of age groups and found everyone to be pleasant and enjoying a great cruise.

Weve been on long cruises that were almost all seniors and met some really interesting and well traveled folks. Some complainers, too.

Have a good day and let's hope the best secret for regular balcony cabins on the Jewel class ships doesn't get out;)

I will have pictures after March...but this is one I found somewhere....and if you just go to google and then to images, and search for aft cabin view...lots of good stuff! I have all sorts of different pictures from various aft cabins on my computer at work! Nice way to help count down the days....

WakefromPride6260.jpg.ab004bf206035b619f9cc23b53afa158.jpg

I'm so thrilled to read about the aft balconies. It is serendipity that I have one. :p For our Dawn trip next October, my group had oceanview rooms; my brother and I requested balconies instead, near the others, and the 2 aft BA's on the 8th deck were nearby. The TA said Aft balconies were great, so I said ok. My brother didn't even know he had an aft balcony and was concerned about noise, motion etc but I told him about all the raves on this Board. I'll throw him overboard if he complains--JOKE!!

The "half of your balcony" that gets wet on deck 10 is the half that you don't get--period; ever--on other decks at the stern. Much better to have it "wet" a small portion of the time than not to have it at all.

Frankly, there are no "bad things" about deck 10 BA staterooms compared with stern BAs on other decks.

The "half of your balcony" that gets wet on deck 10 is the half that you don't get--period; ever--on other decks at the stern. Much better to have it "wet" a small portion of the time than not to have it at all.

Frankly, there are no "bad things" about deck 10 BA staterooms compared with stern BAs on other decks.

Deck 9 has the same size balcony.Period.

I have a minisuite (AF) on 11 and I hope my DS and DIL fit on the pull out couch! I am a little worried about it as I found out on other threads that the pull out couch's are not too comfy and short:eek: !

I hope you get along really well.lol You may want to consider showering and getting ready for the evening in the gym. That's what my DH does when we have the kids with us.

Archived