Cruise director on Pearl

movinout

We're sailing on the Pearl in a repositioning Panama cruise in April and are wondering if anyone knows who the cruise director might be by then or if there is a way one can find out. This is a long cruise and having been on cruises with great CD's and some not so good ones..it seems the CD can affect the "flavor" of the cruise. Just wondering and would appreciate anyone's input who have been on the Pearl lately. Thanks.:)

Simon was onboard last summer when we were in Alaska too, so it's not the first time he's been on the Pearl. What I don't know is how long the CD's contracts are for, or if he will be off the ship again on vacation by the time of the Panama Canal sailing.

The contracts that they sign differ by the position.

They are generally 5-6 month contracts.

I had heard that Simon is back on the Pearl as of last week - he was working with another 'newbie' CD - so not really sure if Simon is training someone or just has an assistant since they are going into high season with passenger loads at max.

Will be checking to see if anyone has any better info.

I don't know how these guys work 16-18 hour days, seven days a week for 5-6 months at a time. Gives a new meaning to the word ' work ethic' !

Donnie

countdown.pl?name=Donnie, Jen and Maria&date=3-7-2008&image=Beach-8&text=Paradise awaits&ship=Norwegian Pearl

Archived