ProMod05 - Question??

Suitegurl

We are currently booked on the Westerdam in an aft VA on Deck 4 (4176) and contemplating moving to an aft VA on Deck 5 (5185). We need some cover on our balcony but do not necessarily need total cover. I have searched and searched to find an answer. I have read some posts that say afts on Deck 5 are totally covered and other posts from those that say they are not totally covered. Since you just sailed on Deck 5 in an aft, would you please clear this up for us! How much of those balconies are exposed???? Thanks so much! :)

I'm not ProMod05 but I was in an aft corner SC on deck 4 on W'dam in November. I did not go onto any balconies on deck 5, but looking at them from below and from the dock, it appeared to me that deck 6 extended out over deck 5 all the way to the end. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it looked to me.

Of course, depending on the direction the ship is traveling and the angle of the sun, you will get some sun on the rear portion of the veranda some of the time. And of course if you really want sun and there is none on your veranda you can always go to one of the public deck areas. But I would not count on being able to sunbathe on an aft veranda on deck 5. OTOH, if you really need cover, you probably will be happier on deck 5, because you will get next to none on deck 4.

Archived