Spirit Cabin Sizes

wentworth

Can someone tell me if the balcony cabins are larger than the inside

or oceanview cabins. We have three adults in one room and wanted

to book an oceanview or inside. We were told that if we have three

people that the balcony cabins are larger.

Thanks

i have photos...more in my link below. our balcony didn't have a 3rd bed. the couch would be a little small, plus if it was pulled out the room would be cramped. i have another photo of the insider...a sidewise cabin. (most inside cabins, you enter through the closet, bathroom area..)

454171868_Lookingtowarddoor.jpg.58fc3b309ab3a902b2d5326856076b87.jpg

298755609_Roomasyouenter.jpg.ecf7c1fc9cc4cd990ef5b38ca7da88fd.jpg

976743767_SidewaysInsideCabin.jpg.69f1b2ad6e49865f06eccad2873570c5.jpg

I don't think think I would book three adults in an inside cabin as it could just add to a claustrophic feel and not worth putting a damper on your vacation.

My daughter and I had a balcony on the Spirit and the cabin was on the small side and just enough storage for only two of us.

With a balcony you at least have space to "overflow". Again, just my opinion as the extra $ you may save, may not be worth the discomfort you may feel while on a vacation. Better to be safe than sorry.

We had three adults in a balcony cabin. The couch folds out to a "double" bed. Our adult DD slept on it and was very uncomfortable until we put the extra pillows under the upper half of the mattress. The mattress was so thin that the metal bars (of the frame) were felt through the mattress. She said that she would have preferred the typical upper bunk (as in most OV cabins).

Also, when the sofabed is opened, there is very little space to get to the balcony. To give a little more space, move the desk chair from under the desk (we put it along the wall next to the desk and kept our cooler on it!) This gives you several more inches to squeeze between the desk and the foot of the bed (to access the balcony). (This assumes that your third person will still be asleep in the AM when you want to sit on the balcony with a cup of coffee.)

During the day, the couch was very convenient- especially when it was too windy to sit on the balcony. The rest of the cabin was fine; we had adequate storage, etc. The Spirit is a great ship.

Thanks everyone for your replies. This is a CTN with only a one nite stay

in NY. We have never been to NYC before and this weekend cruise was

offered so we decided to do it. I think we'll be ok for one nite with three

adults in a balcony cabin; really only need to sleep, shower and change.:) Just wanted to make sure we all at least had a bed:p

There are 2 cabins on deck 6 that are 200 sq. ft. 6535 and 6035. We were on the Spirit(2x's) very nice ship. The cabins are small, and would seem too tight in an inside cabin for four with one bath room. Our son had a balcony for two just made it. Our daughter had a penthouse AD cabin now that is something to go for. ( 3 in that cabin - 2 adults and 1 child) For me and my hubby we have no choice. Hubby is in a wheelchair. Hope this helps. Go for a little comfort if you can. It will make that vacation even better then you think.

Archived