The bottom of the boat...

donnaleed

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are booked on the Jade for an Eastern Med cruise in October. We booked an inside guarentee, yet when I logged in to the Pre-cruise registration we've already been assigned a cabin... on deck 4!

So I would like to hear from those of you who've stayed on deck 4 of any NCL boat. Can you comment on engine noise, etc? I know that being a port-intensive cruise we will have alot of people in our hallway to board/deboard the boat in ports.

Thanks for anyone who can give me a little info!

Donna-Lee

I've been in the bowels of the beast several times. No problems with noise or anything like that. The amount of people you'll have to deal with will of course depend on where you are in relation to the gangway exits. It may not be bad-or it could be terrible!

Our stateroom is 4533 so we are close to the forward stairs. Hopefully this will be far enough away from the gangway exit - I think we will be fine.

I guess this leads me to another question...

We booked a guarentee, why have we already been assigned a stateroom? Did I jinx us by pre-registering so early? Is there any chance we will be reassigned to a different stateroom as the cruise approaches?

Donna-Lee

Since it is so far away you could keep looking at the prices and if it goes down from what you paid you may be able to cancel and rebook at a better location. We booked a guarantee, our first and within one day was assigned a room number.

We booked a guarentee, why have we already been assigned a stateroom? Did I jinx us by pre-registering so early? Is there any chance we will be reassigned to a different stateroom as the cruise approaches?

Donna-Lee

Hi Donna-

Let me give you my experience (also for a cruise in Oct). We booked several months ago and were assigned our stateroom a few weeks ago. We were booked into an Guaranteed Outside Obstructed that my research showed to be 90% obstructed. I contacted my PCC and said "gosh-I'd really like a view of some sort, 90% obstructed isn't too hot" (I did so not thinking anything would come of it and I wasn't overly concerned if it didn't-the price was right).

Anyhow, long story short, a couple days later I got an email stating she had booked obstructed cabins on the Dawn for other clients previous cruises that were actually 0% obstructed-she called them a hidden secret on the Dawn (I know-an obstructed stateroom that is 0% obstructed sounds weird). Anyhow since it was in the same category that I had been assigned, she was able to transfer me to the better cabin.

So, if you used a PCC I think it may be more than possible for you to transfer to a different cabin if it's in the same category. If you used a TA, it may depend on just how willing they are to work for you. And if you booked direct without a PCC, it probably should be possible, but may require a bit of work.

BTW-we've had forward cabins both low and high. On our cruises, the higher ones actually had more anchor noise, but that could've been an exception for all I know.

good luck

-Monte

Archived