Cabin 5001 On Century

superdrews

I'm going on the Century soon and can't wait. I'm in a Cat 11 inside and I was reviewing the deck plans an it appears that cabin 5001 is colored as an inside on cruisedeckplans.com but it is on the outside of the ship. Is this a true oceanview cabin that can be booked at inside prices?

Thank You in Advance!

I'm going on the Century soon and can't wait. I'm in a Cat 11 inside and I was reviewing the deck plans an it appears that cabin 5001 is colored as an inside on cruisedeckplans.com but it is on the outside of the ship. Is this a true oceanview cabin that can be booked at inside prices?

Thank You in Advance!

We got a [free] upgrade from an inside to 5001 on Galaxy on a Transatlantic in 2005. It's not really 'oceanview' as it just has a small porthole (2ft diameter), set back about 18" from your inside wall. You're not going to get much view out of it, but the sunshine is nice in the morning. You do feel the waves a little bit more being so far forward, and there is a downside. It's directly above the bow-thrusters, and can get quite noisy during docking. If your cruise has a lot of early morning dockings you might not appreciate it, on a Transatlantic it was fine.

I just looked at the deck plan for Century, and it's entirely possible that there isn't even a porthole in 5001 as there is in Galaxy (given its designation)

Archived