tabayan or mayan princess

tiredmommy

• 3 weeks later...
How did you get to the Mayan Princess from the pier?

Someone please give us some input as I have read some horror stories about cab drivers, etc. All we want is a nice beach and to chill out for the day...we are not really interested in touring here and there....

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Tabyana and Mayan Princess are on the same beach just different areas of what is known to the locals as West Bay beach. Tabyanna is only booked thru the ship and can be very crowded at times. Mayan Can be done independantly with a cab or driver from pier. They have pools, beachfront, snorkeling restaurant and bars. I think they charge $10 dollars per person to use their facilities.

I was in Roatan last week on the Norwegian Sun cruise. I had emailed the Mayan Princess earlier to get reservations and to confirm their $10 per person charge ( Google them for the website). Their front office replied that the charge was correct and that reservations were not required but that they would " put aside two for us".

We took a cab from the pier for $10 per person RT ( the driver will return for you when at a time you choose). Unfortunately, we were stopped at the gate by an armed security guard who refused to let us in. After he checked a few times by phone, he finally agreed to let me walk into the hotel to speak to the front desk people. They confirmed that we would not be admitted because they had a large group in that day and they decided NOT to allow any cruise people in! I showed them my " reservation" and they were very unimpressed. I said they could not run a successful resort business that way and that their reputation would be hurt in the US if word got out in CC!! ( a strong weapon!). They didn't budge- finally I asked to see the manager who immediately said he would honor their commitment and we then entered.

After calming down, we concluded that the facilities are very beautiful- the pool is great , the beach very clean, and the water is probably unlike anything you've seen. They had a very nice looking restaurant, although we didn't eat there. I would go back in a flash if only for the water. I was a very relaxing day, Walking up and down West End Beach, I saw other places that were more crowded, noisy and not nearly as well-maintained as the Mayan Princess.

I strongly recommend the place-- but make sure you get some kind of committment that you'll be allowed to enter!

Nbrger -

Mayan Princess looks like it would be good for family with little ones....something for the kiddies (beach, sand, pool) and adults (beach, snorkeling). Would you agree?

What does the $10 pp reservation entitle you to? beach chairs? showers? etc.

I'm going to contact them to see if I can make a day-use reservation as well.

Thanks,

Jeff

We used the beach chairs and a palapa. I don't recall seeing showers but my guess is that with the pool and beach they probably have outdoor showers, at least.

The pool, available for use, was very beautiful but I didn't see anyone in it. They also have a restaurant on the beach. I didn't see any beach toys- you probably can rent snorkle stuff there or down a beach a few hundred feet. The resort sits in among a few others so that there are shopping stalls and restaurants within an easy walk.

1377372498_CaribCruise022308029.jpg.c503b9c4651ea129bc84ad93b69f5006.jpg

771758042_CaribCruise022308028.jpg.27835a6228146160d21b5a2ad846d93e.jpg

Nbrger -

Mayan Princess looks like it would be good for family with little ones....something for the kiddies (beach, sand, pool) and adults (beach, snorkeling). Would you agree?

What does the $10 pp reservation entitle you to? beach chairs? showers? etc.

I emailed them directly with the same type of questions. Here is their response:

"Yes, we do sell one day passes at $10.00 per person and you get access to the pool, the pool chairs, the beach, the beach chairs. If you have any question feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Melissa Conde

Sales and Reservations Agent"

I then asked about bathrooms and showers and here is her response:

"Yes, you get access to the bathrooms however our bathrooms don't have showers; I hope that's not a problem. "

Hello, I have been trying to get information on the Mayan Princess and I decided to email them and I recieved an email telling me this:

Dear mrs Robert well am please to informed you that you wont need a reservation to purshes the day past the problem depends on if that day the hotel is at it’s maximum with guest in house then we will not sell a day past.

I am not sure if I recieved a proper reply like the rest of you might have but I am thinking of Tabayana Beach as a back up spot.

My biggest problem is that I cannot get a current rate for a taxi from the ship to there for 4 people and back. Plus I want to know if Tabayana Beach has facilities we can use i.e restrooms, showers, drinks.

Any info would really help.

Thanks

Robert and Melissa

Does anyone know how far it is from the bottom of the South Shore Zip Lines to the West Beach resorts? Some in our group are interested in the zip-lines, while others prefer to go directly to the beach. We are looking at using Bodden Tours to get our party to the area. I didn't know if it was walkable or if other transportation is required if you do not have a driver. The response back from Bodden Tours promotes the Mayan.

Does anyone know how far it is from the bottom of the South Shore Zip Lines to the West Beach resorts? Some in our group are interested in the zip-lines, while others prefer to go directly to the beach. We are looking at using Bodden Tours to get our party to the area. I didn't know if it was walkable or if other transportation is required if you do not have a driver. The response back from Bodden Tours promotes the Mayan.

We did this last week. Oh how I wish I was there now!!!:( It was fabulous. :p Our victor Bodden driver stopped at the zip line and dropped off part of our group. He even checked in to make sure that they could zip. He then drove us about 5 minutes away to the Mayan Princess. They had availability for day passes. He walked us to our beach chairs, got us all settled in and then went back to wait for the zippers. It was perfect. If the hotel would have been full on that day, with no day passes available he would have found us another spot on that long stretch of beach , West Bay Beach. Perfect

enjoy

Sandy

Archived