caribbean temp's in january

volfan22701

we are considering a cruise on the Splendor january '09. since both our previous cruises have been in october we were not sure what the air and water temperatures would be that time of year. itinerary would be eastern and would most likely be the last half of the month. would like to hear from anyone that has experience cruising to the eastern in january, especially if the water temp is good for snorkeling. also is this a rainy time of year.

thanks for any help in advance. we would like to get our plans made in the next few weeks.

doug

I pretty much always end up cruising the carribean that time of year,

and have never been to cold to swim/snorkel sun tan, or anything else ...The weather is usually perfect for me...I found the summer months too hot...and i lived in florida for a few years!

There is also less rain and wind during january...

if you have gone during oct i figure it would be about the same as then....just w/ out the hurricane risk..

hot during the day.....comfortable at night....

hopefully someone else has gone during jan. and oct that can really say what the exact diff. was... hope this helps for now though..

also you can check the air/water temp. averages by searching each por of call on the internet through google... (barbados.com) for example...

i had looked up the temps on the carnival site, just wanted some first hand experience. kind of assumed in the caribbean would be nice all year, just needed some reassurance before booking.

I've never been to the eastern carribean (yet:p ). But, I've done all of my westerns in October, December, January, and February. The water temp is comfortable and warm - probably upper 70's F and the air temp during the day is approximately mid to high 80's F.

Archived