Choosing a Cabin

MnAsMom

I spoke with Carnival today and we are looking at an extended balcony cabin (free upgrade) so the choices she had left were for the Verandah Deck on the Pride.

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=PR

the cabin numbers to choose from are

7191, 7176, 7189, 7174, 7185 and 7256

the last number is situated farther back on the ship (I think... how the heck do you know what is the front and the back of the ship?)

Most of the rooms are across from an inside cabin but 7191 seems to have nothing in the center..... is this better or not???

Can you tell I'm new at this! LOL

Thanks for any advise or suggestions you have to offer! I posted on the carnival board as well... but figured I would ask other folks with kids! Oh and for what it's worth my boys will be 3 and 6 at the time of the cruise!

~Tondi

I always book a cabin as close to the elevators as possible. Especially if you're bringing a stroller, it makes it easier to not have to maneuver around room service carts, etc. But even without a stroller, the distances can be far with a toddler who doesn't want to walk, or when you're running late for dinner or an activity.

Best,

Mia

Would you suggest the farther cabin then, 7256? It is quite close to the elevators! Being that we are up on the Verandah Deck I am assuming we would be high enough up to not experience the engine vibration that I have heard discussed (I know it would be something to consider for my husband, he is sensitive to those kind of things)??? I've just heard that mid ship is best as far as movement and potential seasickness goes.... my boys have never cruised before so I am not sure how they will do (I know I did fine as a child on much smaller ships though!)

Thanks!!!

~Tondi

I would post on the Carnival boards to ask about the vibration and any other info about the cabin - you'll probably find someone who's been in or near it. I'd probably pick a more midship cabin that's closest to the elevators - I just wouldn't want one that's too much of a hike to an elevator.

Best,

Mia

Thanks Mia. I Did post it to the Carnival board and got one or 2 responses but when I asked again about the vibration/engine issue no one responded. I bumped it but it is already on page 3 since it moves fast!

Anyone else here have any idea? is 13 rooms away from the elevators THAT far away?

Thanks

Archived